Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell On Financial Upside Of Gervonta Davis Fight: It'll Sell More Than Him And Barrios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell On Financial Upside Of Gervonta Davis Fight: It'll Sell More Than Him And Barrios

Longtime 126-pound titleholder Gary Russell Jr. is not sure what more he can do to get Gervonta Davis to fight him. After all, the two share the same manager (Al Haymon), appear on the same network (Showtime), were both raised in the DMV area (Russell in D.C., Davis in Baltimore), and fight in and around the same weight class. It does not not hurt either that both have traded words over the past couple of years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I literally forget Gary Russell exist sometimes.
    PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Russell’s not defensively sound either. All he does is put up his hands and hide behind his guard. The man couldn’t slip a punch if his life depended on it. Other than hand speed I don’t see much to his game.

Also I see Russell as a clout chaser. He’ll run his mouth about this guy and that guy but when it comes down to it he’ll fight someone ordinary.

Comment

Wasting career bragging about mofo's scared to fight him man STEP UP and unify

Comment

Russell is the P4P king of talking about fighting but never actually fighting. Dude is happy fighting once a year, doing just enough not to get stripped of his belt.

Comment

I seriously think Tank would put Russell in the Hospital. I cannot picture that fight ending any way but horribly for Russell. To beat El Tanque you have to have footspeed, size, and speed/power.

Comment

I highly doubt it sells more than stank-barrios lol

Comment

Great fight at 130,don't see why anyone would be against it. Sure and the hell is a better match up than tanks last 4 or 5 opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
                  I literally forget Gary Russell exist sometimes.
                  Why would you remember him? he is well hidden in the deep layers of PBC far away from Stank. Its his OWN fault - Loma's left overs...

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
                    I highly doubt it sells more than stank-barrios lol
                    Why? Barrios was not any big name with any history of selling. Tank did over a 2M gate against Yuriokis f'n Gamboa ffs.

Tank is selling vs anyone in Atlanta, but you put this fight in the DMV area and it does great numbers. Put it where the Wizards play.

Comment

Working...
                    X