Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Pay-Per-View Market Is Dwindling; Fighters Should Take The Guarantee Instead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Pay-Per-View Market Is Dwindling; Fighters Should Take The Guarantee Instead

Eddie Hearn does not have much faith in the pay-per-view model as it is currently implemented in the United States. The British promoter thinks the current market is flooded with pay-per-view boxing events, exhibition or otherwise. Add in the exorbitant price tags, Hearn believes the product has been significantly diminished.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"The market is oversaturated with PPVs" he has some brass balls saying this given some of the dreck he's charged for in the UK
    mgame mgame TMLT87 TMLT87 Fighter78 Fighter78 MC Hammer MC Hammer !-1 !-1 and 2 others like this.

Comment

PPV dwindling bcs ppl like me getting it for free, well still cost me just over 50 cents

Comment

If I was a fighter I would prefer the television pay per view business model over online streaming. It's better exposure and you could reach a much broader audience and also there is a percentage of the sales that each fighter can receive.

The trouble with fighting underground on the world wide web is there is less exposure and the audience is limited. No one would hardly even notice or ever heard of your name fighting exclusively on the internet outside of boxing fans.

Comment

How do fighter get guarantees if PPV is ****? TF are they being paid for and why? Networks give set amounts because they plan on making more somewhere. Not PPV, not tickets, TF do they make money off?

Comment

Hearn said he has already sent Al Haymon, the chief of PBC, an offer for Plant to fight on DAZN and is now waiting to hear back. “I’d be surprised if Al Haymon would stop Caleb Plant from taking that fight,” Hearn said. “It’s an unbelievable opportunity.”

Hearn acts as if Al Haymon doesn't have business interests that he serves. Hearn has interests w/ DAZN. Al has interests w/ FOX. There's nothing unbelievable! I Think FOX will want this one!

Comment

This guy is so concerned with America. How about he focus on UK and stay out of other promoters business. Obviously, Hearn is terrified of Canelo fighting on PBC and he thinks he owns Canelo I have a feeling Canelo may accept a one time lucrative offer from Haymon to fight Plant. If that happens Eddie will be on suicide watch and we’ll get another 100 interviews about Haymon/America/PPVs. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post
                This guy is so concerned with America. How about he focus on UK and stay out of other promoters business. Obviously, Hearn is terrified of Canelo fighting on PBC and he thinks he owns Canelo I have a feeling Canelo may accept a one time lucrative offer from Haymon to fight Plant. If that happens Eddie will be on suicide watch and we’ll get another 100 interviews about Haymon/America/PPVs. Lol
                Yeah yeah…black vs white, black vs white, errrday all day… hey Ma life in unfair!
                greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  If I was a fighter I would prefer the television pay per view business model over online streaming. It's better exposure and you could reach a much broader audience and also there is a percentage of the sales that each fighter can receive.

The trouble with fighting underground on the world wide web is there is less exposure and the audience is limited. No one would hardly even notice or ever heard of your name fighting exclusively on the internet outside of boxing fans.
                  Lol. Haymonites are the Dumbest fans. Clinging onto Mayweathet/Haymon nostalgi. Trying to convince that paying $80 provides a bigger audience… lol

It’s “better exposure”?” lol

Comment

He has a good point. Showtime must be brilliant at selling if they can sell Jake Paul and Tyrone Woodley in a boxing match as a pay-per view.

As for Pbc, they are clearly very confident that Caleb Plant would lose to Canelo, so they want to lock Canelo in for a few fights. He won't agree to that.

Comment

Working...
                    X