Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul's Trainer Would Be Surprised if Woodley Lasts Three Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jake Paul's Trainer Would Be Surprised if Woodley Lasts Three Rounds

The war of words between Youtube star/influencer Jake Paul's team and former UFC champion Tyron Woodley has continued to heat up. There certainly is no love lost between both camps and Paul's trainer BJ Flores fired the latest salvo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Generally when boxers who have high money backing are new they take on the 1-7 type of jobbers for the first 5 fights or so until they start moving into territory with fighters with more staying power so I do t have problems with Paul taking on MMA fighters who have had big exposure to boxing and kickboxing training and have been using it in their fighting sport. I remember thinking the craze about butterbean who was taking on jobbers in 4 round fights his whole career with no desire to make legitimate runs at titles or even career progression and there was always a market for a segment of the American population for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      Generally when boxers who have high money backing are new they take on the 1-7 type of jobbers for the first 5 fights or so until they start moving into territory with fighters with more staying power so I do t have problems with Paul taking on MMA fighters who have had big exposure to boxing and kickboxing training and have been using it in their fighting sport. I remember thinking the craze about butterbean who was taking on jobbers in 4 round fights his whole career with no desire to make legitimate runs at titles or even career progression and there was always a market for a segment of the American population for that.
      Agreed... People hate him, I can see why, but at this stage of his career he isn't taking liberties with these opponents. If people choose to pay to see it, good for him. Boxing is a supply and demand business in it's truest form.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
      X