Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Thurman Is Actually Better Than Spence; Throws More Combinations, A Little Stronger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: Thurman Is Actually Better Than Spence; Throws More Combinations, A Little Stronger

If you're seeking reasons why Manny Pacquiao opted to take this undeniably dangerous fight against Errol Spence Jr., look no further than Freddie Roach's assessment of Pacquiao's upcoming opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looks like Coach Roach figured Spence out.

“I think it’s the right fight for him now,” Roach said. “I think his last opponent [Thurman] is actually better than Spence. I’ve been studying [Spence’s] tapes and so forth and going through what he does well and what he doesn’t do well. And I think it’s a good fight for Manny. I like the fight a lot. And I like that it’s a competitive fight. I like that Manny doesn’t just wanna fight stiffs or actors or whatever it may be. He’s still fighting real people.”

“Just watching tapes on them and studying both fighters,” Roach said, “I think Thurman throws more combinations and I think he’s a little bit stronger. Spence has a few flaws. He makes some mistakes that we’re gonna take advantage of. Watching tapes on both guys, I see more mistakes by Spence than I did with Thurman.”

Comment

Pulling for the OG to win but father time is undefeated for a reason.

Comment

Lol, Roach just loves to talk Pac into some trouble doesn't he?

Roach how can you think Thurman is stronger and throws more combos than Spence? Lol, that's a delusion.

You can say you think Thurman is better, I disagree, but I understand, but your reasons give you away because they are obvious bogus.

Either Roach is delusional or he is trying to bait Spence into standing and trading with Manny.

Either way it aint gonna work coz Spence is very good at sticking to the game plan.
        t9190kp t9190kp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post
          Lol, Roach just loves to talk Pac into some trouble doesn't he?

Roach how can you think Thurman is stronger and throws more combos than Spence? Lol, that's a delusion.

You can say you think Thurman is better, I disagree, but I understand, but your reasons give you away because they are obvious bogus.

Either Roach is delusional or he is trying to bait Spence into standing and trading with Manny.

Either way it aint gonna work coz Spence is very good at sticking to the game plan.
          He’s probably trying to lure Spence into fighting recklessly against Pac. I myself don’t think that Thurman is/was a better fighter than Spence.

Comment

I have the same assessment with coach Roach, Thurman is a little heavy puncher and a bit faster than Spence. However, Spence is very strong with a great chin, and I believe no one in 147 lbs could knock him out.
            Pennstate110 Pennstate110 likes this.

Comment

Thurman is not stronger. Spence has a physical presence in the ring and is able to pressure effectively. His fundamentals and IQ along with his size will make it tough.

Thurman is a better counterpuncher.. more sharp and crisp. His power is evident. Danny says Thurmans punches have more power than Spence’. Thurman is more dynamic and can move his feet better. I also agree he’s better at throwing combinations.

different styles. Both are difficult but some would think Thurmans overall skillset poses more problems for Pac.

Comment

Spence is a lot sharper and much more well-drilled than Thurman ever was even when he was at his best. I think he hits harder too.

Comment

pac will be the betting favorite come fight night.....
                  Victor valdez Victor valdez likes this.

Comment

Stupid line from Roach as usual. Spence (the undamaged version) is a level above Thurman.

Comment

Working...
                    X