Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz-Egidijus Kavaliauskas Formally Announced For August 14 In Frisco, Texas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz-Egidijus Kavaliauskas Formally Announced For August 14 In Frisco, Texas

Another night, another hometown headliner and step-up in class for Vergil Ortiz Jr. In what has become a familiar theme in his rise to contention, the toughest test to date awaits the unbeaten knockout artist from Grand Prairie, Texas. As previously reported by BoxingScene.com, Ortiz (17-0, 17KOs) will next face former title challenger Egidijus "Mean Machine" Kavaliauskas, with their welterweight bout due to take place August 14 on DAZN from Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Golden Boy is killing it on dayzin.

Comment

Shout-Out to Golden-Boy and Toprank for crossing the street. Vergil Ortiz and Egidijus Kavaliauskas have a particular set of skills and punching power that puts them both at great risk. Egidijus Kavaliauskas, has been KO by Terence Crawford, but before the knockout came, Kavaliauskas tested Crawfords chin ; I wonder how Vergil takes a punch from Egidijus, who happens to be the biggest puncher that the kid has faced thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Shout-Out to Golden-Boy and Toprank for crossing the street. Vergil Ortiz and Egidijus Kavaliauskas have a particular set of skills and punching power that puts them both at great risk. Egidijus Kavaliauskas, has been KO by Terence Crawford, but before the knockout came, Kavaliauskas tested Crawfords chin ; I wonder how Vergil takes a punch from Egidijus, who happens to be the biggest puncher that the kid has faced thus far.
        Lol, there is no crossing the street being done here. Mean Machine was released by Top Rank.

But yes, this is a really good fight for Vergil and I'm interested in how he deals with a skilled fighter who can make him pay for his mistakes. Mean Machine is far from great, but this is the type of fight someone like Vergil needs.

Comment

This fight will prove that Terrence duck Crawford is not and was never the #1 p4p, both Canelo and Errol Spence have better opponents that Terrence who keeps fighting washed up ex champions and uber driver smh not to mention Kavaliuskas actually dropped Crawford and now he’s talking about fighting chon zepeda smfh garbage cherry pick

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Lol, there is no crossing the street being done here. Mean Machine was released by Top Rank.

But yes, this is a really good fight for Vergil and I'm interested in how he deals with a skilled fighter who can make him pay for his mistakes. Mean Machine is far from great, but this is the type of fight someone like Vergil needs.

Before you came in, I was like 'Yeah, lets see someone top this!'

Comment

Gotta love Vergil, upwards and onwards from this fight on… Kid knows no fear and willing to take on all comers. Mean Machine is a Top 10 welterweight and should give Vergil a stiff test but got Ortiz by late KO.

Comment

Good step up, but I think GBP should find him a tough Southpaw before he sees Spence, Pacquiao, Crawford, or Boots! Yelelussinov fits the bill!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Good step up, but I think GBP should find him a tough Southpaw before he sees Spence, Pacquiao, Crawford, or Boots! Yelelussinov fits the bill!
                  I thinks it’s in Boots best interest to fight Yelelussinov, needs to start adding some quality names to his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post

I thinks it’s in Boots best interest to fight Yelelussinov, needs to start adding some quality names to his resume.
                    Boots needs Ugas, Jamal James, or Stanionis! He needs a mandatory position! I think Boots is ready for anyone today! I don't think Vergil is! He's very good, it's just that there are 4 killers in his division that are either Southpaw (Spence, Pacquiao) or they frequently and fluidly switch to Southpaw (Crawford and Boots). Hooker and Kavaliauskas can't properly prepare him for that!

Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X