Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin's Promoter: A Fight With Andy Ruiz Makes Sense To Make

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin's Promoter: A Fight With Andy Ruiz Makes Sense To Make

Dmitriy Salita, promoter for heavyweight contender Otto Wallin, believes his boxer has what it takes to score a knockout win over former unified world champion Andy Ruiz.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I’d probably take Wallins movements over Ruiz fast inside game . But very good fight .

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      I’d probably take Wallins movements over Ruiz fast inside game . But very good fight .
      I was thinking same thing, wallin looks like a top prospect who could be banging on the door for a title shot in a couple years time

Comment

Originally posted by I have no ears View Post

I was thinking same thing, wallin looks like a top prospect who could be banging on the door for a title shot in a couple years time
        Wallin biggest strength is his footwork and he is much longer then Ruiz , Ruiz will struggle badly against this type of opponent that can move around the ring . AJ did it relatively easy and Parker had some success. I think Wallin UD the blue print is basically there .

Comment

I personally rate Wallin very hight and not only for his performance vs Fury. He's sharp and technical. Even powerful. I'd like to see him challenging some higher rated boxers like Ruiz, Parker, Ortiz. Or Whyte.

Comment

If the Ruiz who fought Arreola shows up, Wallin will become the first person to stop Ruiz. Wallin has a height, reach, & age advantage, and has solid durability, stamina, & power. I think it would be competitive for a while, but Wallin pulls out the win.

I think Ruiz will go after Ortiz next. Another guy in his 40s like Arreola, but a bigger name who only lost to Wilder. If Ruiz can beat Ortiz, then he'll get into the ring with someone like Wallin.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
              If the Ruiz who fought Arreola shows up, Wallin will become the first person to stop Ruiz. Wallin has a height, reach, & age advantage, and has solid durability, stamina, & power. I think it would be competitive for a while, but Wallin pulls out the win.

I think Ruiz will go after Ortiz next. Another guy in his 40s like Arreola, but a bigger name who only lost to Wilder. If Ruiz can beat Ortiz, then he'll get into the ring with someone like Wallin.
              If Ruiz defeated Ortiz you’ll never see a Wallin fight because it’ll line him up with the WBC champion soon since Ortiz is ranked 3 I think . Wallin would want the Ruiz fight to jump rankings .

Comment

Great fight to make. I give Wallin the edge due to his size and superior footwork. Wallin can hurt Ruiz and will make it tough for him to get inside his desired range.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

If Ruiz defeated Ortiz you’ll never see a Wallin fight because it’ll line him up with the WBC champion soon since Ortiz is ranked 3 I think . Wallin would want the Ruiz fight to jump rankings .
                  Whyte was "lined up" to fight the WBC champion for over 400 days. The WBC champ (Fury) is fighting Wilder on a TBA date. Then, the winner of Wilder-Fury 3 will spend 2022 having 2 fights with the winner of Joshua-Usyk. Ruiz won't get the big money title shot until 2023.

For the next year, the rest of the Heavyweights in the top 20 will be fighting it out to get to the front of the line to face whoever wins the Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Usyk Undisputed Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post

Whyte was "lined up" to fight the WBC champion for over 400 days. The WBC champ (Fury) is fighting Wilder on a TBA date. Then, the winner of Wilder-Fury 3 will spend 2022 having 2 fights with the winner of Joshua-Usyk. Ruiz won't get the big money title shot until 2023.

For the next year, the rest of the Heavyweights in the top 20 will be fighting it out to get to the front of the line to face whoever wins the Fury-Wilder-Joshua-Usyk Undisputed Saga.
                    Ruiz will most likely fight a final elimination bout at some point can’t see it being Wallin and Ruiz will sit on that spot in 2022 should he win it or if it plays out like that .

Comment

Working...
                    X