Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mancini: Castano's Good Enough to Make Charlo Fight a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mancini: Castano's Good Enough to Make Charlo Fight a War

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It's no easy task. Jermell Charlo is a three-belt champ at 154 pounds who's beaten every man he's ever faced in a boxing ring, including an 11th-round rematch stoppage of the only man who'd ever beaten him. He's ranked first in the weight class by Ring magazine, Boxrec.com and every other worthwhile list-making entity, and seems especially motivated to put on a show in a Saturday night main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

$300 on Castano is a good bet. I'm a Charlo fan, but his boxing skills have been less than stellar since he switched to his current trainer. He's been getting good KOs of decent opponents. Can't recall a fight since the switch where he's been up on points before dropping his opposition. Before the trainer change, he was actually a great boxer. He'll likely lose this. But a great champ and beast nonetheless.

Comment

I also think it can turn into a brutal fight. Big dogs going at it. Charlo has the edge in power and Castano boxing skills. I don't care who wins.

Comment

This is fight has been criminally underpromoted. It should’ve gotten so much more coverage considering how good it’ll be and how significant it is. This fistic contest will have the two top dogs of the division going at it and determining who’ll be the man of the division, not to mention being catapulted to the high tier of the p4p list.

Comment

Quality of opposition alone tells that Charlo wins this one, probably inside the limit. I would not be surprised to see a Donaire vs Oubaali kind of early KO win for Jermell.

Castano was hit hard and often by Lara in his most important fight. I can't see how he manages to avoid Charlo's best punches.
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            Quality of opposition alone tells that Charlo wins this one, probably inside the limit. I would not be surprised to see a Donaire vs Oubaali kind of early KO win for Jermell.

Castano was hit hard and often by Lara in his most important fight. I can't see how he manages to avoid Charlo's best punches.
            Interesting analysis. My belief is that if this fight goes the distance, it’ll be Castano getting his hand raised. If it ends by stoppage, which is highly likely, then it’ll be by Charlo. I believe Charlo will win in impressive fashion.
            Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Easily the best matchup of the year but I have the sense that the Latin American people he’s fighting for will be disappointed….

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
                This is fight has been criminally underpromoted. It should’ve gotten so much more coverage considering how good it’ll be and how significant it is. This fistic contest will have the two top dogs of the division going at it and determining who’ll be the man of the division, not to mention being catapulted to the high tier of the p4p list.
                That's the problem with Showtime! Only advertises on Showtime! This should've been on FOX! Could've had the push on FOX, and FS1!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Easily the best matchup of the year but I have the sense that the Latin American people he’s fighting for will be disappointed….
                  Until Spence vs. Pacquiao and Casimero vs. Rigondeaux!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    That's the problem with Showtime! Only advertises on Showtime! This should've been on FOX! Could've had the push on FOX, and FS1!
                    I agree. Fox would have done a much better job with this. That’s one reason why Spence vs Pac will do well.

Comment

Working...
                    X