Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Lomachenko, Charlo-Castano, Stevenson-Herring, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Lomachenko, Charlo-Castano, Stevenson-Herring, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Vasilliy Lomachenko's big comeback win, the upcoming unification between Jermell Charlo and Brian Castano, the record of Artur Beterbiev, Shakur Stevenson vs. Jamel Herring, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Call me old or conservative but I really am not a fan of athletes championing drug use. It sets a dangerous example on a variety of reasons. And yea I’m aware than many in society are drug users and weed users are famously militant about their drug of choice but I don’t care. I’m not a fan of pro athletes using drugs…period

Comment

By the way, bread nailed it regarding Caleb plant. Much harder opponent than BJS. Plant is a natural super middle not a Light middle who moved up. Plant is naturally bigger, stronger, taller, faster than Canelo and has better footwork. I don’t care if people don’t personally like plant for whatever reason, because he’s white American, or because he’s from a trailer park or the projects, or because he’s with al Haymon I don’t care about any of that mess, the kid can fight

Comment

Bread’s Response:

I also believe that Caleb Plant will be a tough opponent for Canelo, but Plant needs to accept the fight first. Plant is better than Saunders. He’s taller, longer, faster and I believe he’s mentally tougher. I also see that he’s a more dedicated athlete. When you have extreme dedication you are willing to go through more to get the glory because you know you haven't cheated the grind. A fighter who gives his all at all times. A fighter who restricts his diet. A fighter who does all of the little things, will fight through those moments of crisis harder. I believe Plant is one of those fighters, but Plant needs to accept the fight with Canelo first.

Obviously Plant will have to be better than he was vs Uzgategui and Truax. But I think he will be. Obviously he’s going to have to be stronger and not be bullied to the ropes. But I think he will be. Obviously Canelo has a serious heavybag routine where he punches THROUGH the target and Plant has to be aware of this. But I think he will be. I believe if Plant fights an ON THE MOVE fight. Oscar Valdez just fought one vs Berchelt but Plant has to be less violent than Valdez. Mayweather fought one vs Diego Corrales. Sambu Kalambay fought one vs Mike McCallum in their first fight. Muhammad Ali fought the best one in history vs Cleveland Williams,
        but Plant needs to accept the fight with Canelo first.

If Plant can punch on the move he will frustrate Canelo,
        but Plant needs to accept the fight with Canelo first. He’s going to score points, but Plant needs to accept the fight with Canelo first. And most importantly, he will force Canelo to burn loads of energy by having to use his OWN legs to track him down, but Plant needs to accept the fight with Canelo first. Canelo fights an energy efficient fight these days. His pressure is not like Joe Frazier’s or Henry Armstrong’s. It’s been said that Canelo’s stamina has improved. Well if Plant fights this type of fight, then that theory will be put to the test. This fight will come down to what style Plant decides to fight. There are fights I can see. There are fights I have to wait and see and assess later. Plant’s best chance to win is Stick and Move and not try to hit Canelo with anything big, but Plant needs to accept the fight with Canelo first. The harder you try to punch Canelo the easier it is for him to counter. Plant has to throw fast stick punches. Sort of like how Calzaghe punches but obviously in his own form and body type. Jab Canelo's gloves, jab to distract him. Feint him. Move him around. Stay off the ropes. When Canelo presses him if he can’t hold the center, move until Canelo stops pressuring then go back to the center. Forget about the crowd. Just win baby. If he fights that fight. People will be pissed but the WIN for this fight is HUGE, but Plant needs to accept the fight with Canelo first. Everyone knows me, I’m the Breadman! As long as Canelo signs a multideal with PBC that includes the Plant fight, then my theory reigns true!” -Stephen

some editorial for my homie.
        Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 07-10-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          By the way, bread nailed it regarding Caleb plant. Much harder opponent than BJS. Plant is a natural super middle not a Light middle who moved up. Plant is naturally bigger, stronger, taller, faster than Canelo and has better footwork. I don’t care if people don’t personally like plant for whatever reason, because he’s white American, or because he’s from a trailer park or the projects, or because he’s with al Haymon I don’t care about any of that mess, the kid can fight
          Right…… lol. Typical LDBC kids just bandwagoning off Haymon investments

Comment

Call me old or conservative but I really am not a fan of athletes championing drug use. It sets a dangerous example on a variety of reasons. And yea I’m aware than many in society are drug users and weed users are famously militant about their drug of choice but I don’t care. I’m not a fan of pro athletes using drugs…period
            Happen to agree with you on this. I didn't love when Pacquiao became a spokesperson for Wild Turkey for a similar reason. Especially in boxing, where so many kids find the sport and end up using it to learn discipline and stay away from such things.
            Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Bread 100% correct on the MJ.

Chavez (46-1-1) was suspended for nine months from the date of the fight and fined $900,000, which amounts to 30 percent of his $3 million purse for the bout against Sergio Martinez.

​​​​​​​"Nick Diaz suspended for 5 years for marijuana"

Comment

a few months back I encountered one of the usual shltheads attempting to disparage Hopkins for losing to a " bum " like taylor

I told him to STFU, because Taylor was a " excellent " fighter at that point, and a very difficult style matchup for Hopkins... despite Hopkins being a much better fighter historically than Taylor

that turned into a ridiculous argument that went on for days, over my use of the word...
                " excellent "

just like with many other examples of those shltty conversations, bread ALWAYS comes through in the end... and he ALWAYS agree's with me

"Hopkins is clearly a better fighter than Taylor but Taylor who was excellent just gave him fits."

who was I arguing with? ... was it that King Kong idiot? ... pretty sure it was LMAO

Comment

Plant is a natural super-middle, with much better discipline... but I disagree that he is a better fighter

nobody saw the best of Saunders as a pro, not even with Lemieux... he is supremely skilled, and he knows every trick in the book

he was supremely skilled, and he knew every trick in the book... way back when he was a little kid fighting in the am's

I suspect that bread has only watched a handful of his pro fights, which is totally understandable

I think that BJS is a better and more well-rounded fighter, than Plant... but skills/ability does not always enable a fighter to achieve more... EXAMPLE: imagine if James Toney was disciplined, and could have fought at his natural weight, with better conditioning and stamina... instead of blimping up between fights and settling in higher divisions because he could not be bothered doing any road-work

I believe a disciplined Toney could have been one of the greatest fighters ever... but he is not

not throwing Plant under a bus at all... I agree with you, that will be a tough fight for Canelo... he can definitely fight, NO question about that

Mission2Uranus Mission2Uranus likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

a few months back I encountered one of the usual shltheads attempting to disparage Hopkins for losing to a " bum " like taylor

I told him to STFU, because Taylor was a " excellent " fighter at that point, and a very difficult style matchup for Hopkins... despite Hopkins being a much better fighter historically than Taylor

that turned into a ridiculous argument that went on for days, over my use of the word...
                    " excellent "

just like with many other examples of those shltty conversations, bread ALWAYS comes through in the end... and he ALWAYS agree's with me

"Hopkins is clearly a better fighter than Taylor but Taylor who was excellent just gave him fits."

who was I arguing with? ... was it that King Kong idiot? ... pretty sure it was LMAO

Jermain Taylor was legit at his peak. His peak was short, but he was a top world class fighter for a bit. He had ups and downs but he was very talented. At 168 he fought great against Froch. Had the fight won. Gassed out unfortunately. He was flawed, but Bad Intentions was an excellent fighter once upon a time in my book
                    Last edited by Mission2Uranus; 07-13-2021, 01:53 AM.
                    aboutfkntime aboutfkntime likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X