Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fortuna: Haney Is Just Waiting For Decision On July 9 So He Can Move Up To 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fortuna: Haney Is Just Waiting For Decision On July 9 So He Can Move Up To 140

It has been a whirlwind tour for Javier Fortuna ever since becoming the mandatory challenger to the WBC lightweight title. The Dominican southpaw has experienced at least four fights fall through during that time, including two for the aforementioned belt and had to wait out an opponent change for his upcoming fight. Fortuna remains the number-one contender to the belt, with the chance for an upgrade as he faces Joseph 'JoJo' Diaz for the WBC interim lightweight title this Friday live on DAZN from Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In other news in the LW division:

Austin Dulay injured, Rolando Romero vs Anthony Yigit set for July 17th

Yigit (24-1-1, 8 KO) is perhaps best known for his appearance in the WBSS super lightweight tournament, which saw him fall to Ivan Baranchyk in the quarterfinals thanks to some grotesque swelling. He’s since won three get-well fights, and Saturday will mark his first appearance in over two years.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/7/8...xing-news-2021

Good replacement, if he can make 135!

Comment

This article seems to help Javier Fortuna smear Devin Haney. Let me include important information, so that the public does arrive at a negative conclusion, and accuse Devin Haney of ducking.

Originally posted by Sampson Lewkowicz
      “I propose that that Fortuna and Campbell face off for the interim title and the winner must agree to fight Devin Haney within 90 days. I further propose to let Devin Haney rightfully defend his title against a contender the WBC mandates if he agrees to face the Fortuna vs. Campbell winner next. In fact, it would be a fantastic opportunity for the WBC to show off the incredible talent in their lightweight division if both fights happened on the same show, making two fantastic main events in one night.”
      This quote was in response to team Haney making a official request to defend THE REAL WBC championship against Javier Fortuna after Devin was reinstated as the WBC lightweight champion. Clearly, Javier Fortuna like Ryan Garcia had been offered a world title opportunity. However, their handlers decided to face weaker opponents for this manufactured 'Interim' title. Its important to note that, the winner of Jo-Jo Diaz vs. Javier Fortuna will make the second 'Interim' WBC lightweight champion succeeding Ryan Garcia, who recently pulled a stunt to avoid Javier Fortuna or any threat. I wont be surprised if Jo-Jo-Diaz beats Javier Fortuna for this WBC 'Interim' title, that Diaz also will be claiming Devin Haney is ducking.

If you ask me, it looks like these promoters are waiting-out Devin Haney to out-grow the division, so that their fighter be elevated the WBC full champion if Haney moves up to 140, and of course the WBC are getting plenty of sanctioning fees with another manufactured title.

Comment

Yeah I doubt Haney would run from an opportunity to beat Fortuna
        mgame mgame Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          This article seems to help Javier Fortuna smear Devin Haney. Let me include important information, so that the public does arrive at a negative conclusion, and accuse Devin Haney of ducking.

This quote was in response to team Haney making a official request to defend THE REAL WBC championship against Javier Fortuna after Devin was reinstated as the WBC lightweight champion. Clearly, Javier Fortuna like Ryan Garcia had been offered a world title opportunity. However, their handlers decided to face weaker opponents for this manufactured 'Interim' title. Its important to note that, the winner of Jo-Jo Diaz vs. Javier Fortuna will make the second 'Interim' WBC lightweight champion succeeding Ryan Garcia, who recently pulled a stunt to avoid Javier Fortuna or any threat. I wont be surprised if Jo-Jo-Diaz beats Javier Fortuna for this WBC 'Interim' title, that Diaz also will be claiming Devin Haney is ducking.

If you ask me, it looks like these promoters are waiting-out Devin Haney to out-grow the division, so that their fighter be elevated the WBC full champion if Haney moves up to 140, and of course the WBC are getting plenty of sanctioning fees with another manufactured title.
          it says haney wants fortuna to fight someone else(garcia) instead of him. it says haney wants to defend his title against someone the wbc approves...this later turned out to be gamboa. why doesnt gamboa have to fight garcia for the right to fight haney? that was a duck.
          Last edited by daggum; 07-09-2021, 09:55 AM.
          eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Yeah I doubt Haney would run from an opportunity to beat Fortuna
            he already did...he said fortuna had to fight garcia first. then haney went and fought gamboa? why didnt gamboa have to beat garcia?
            siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

it says haney wants fortuna to fight someone else(garcia) instead of him. it says haney wants to defend his title against someone the wbc approves...this later turned out to be gamboa. why doesnt gamboa have to fight garcia for the right to fight haney? that was a duck.
              The quote is from Sampson Lewkowicz, you know Javier Fortuna's manager?
              mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

No, that quote is from Sampson, Fortuna's promoter.
                mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

I see hankey ducking but i cant see him go to 140. He has no power at 135 tf is he gonna do at 140?

Comment

Fortuna needs to take care of buisness first which is far from certain. But let's get this right Javier. When Ryan Garcia beats Campbell and the WBC creates 2 mandatories and Garcia declines, that's your cue to get on to the WBC to order your shot. You didn't. Instead you chose to make an interim fight with Garcia. Both duckers. Whoever heard of a champion with 2 mandatories and none want to fight him. Embarrassing lol.
                    mgame mgame siablo14 siablo14 like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X