Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Colbert-Nyambayar: Showtime's Main Event Peaked At 288,000 Viewers, Averaged 261,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Colbert-Nyambayar: Showtime's Main Event Peaked At 288,000 Viewers, Averaged 261,000

Chris Colbert saw a significant increase in viewership from his previous televised ring appearance. The unbeaten WBA interim junior lightweight titlist picked his most notable win to date, a twelve-round, unanimous decision victory over Mongolia's Tugstsogt Nyambayar (12-2, 9KOs). An average of 261,000 viewers tuned in for the July 3 Showtime main event, according to Nielsen Media Research. The bout peaked at 288,000 viewers, occurring during the 11:30-11:45 p.m. ET block close to the start of the contest which aired live from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Chris Colbert saw a significant increase in viewership from his previous televised ring appearance.
    I mean was that from the buzz he generated from his Wilder comments or mainly due to folks tuning in to watch the Davis/Barrios replay?
    Last edited by KTFOKING; 07-07-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I mean was that from the buzz he generated from his Wilder comments or mainly due to folks tuning in to watch the Davis/Barrios rematch?
      Does colbert really have a fanbase? He was a last minute opponent within like a week of the fight.

I didn't even know they would show the stank-barrios fight

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

Does colbert really have a fanbase? He was a last minute opponent within like a week of the fight.

I didn't even know they would show the stank-barrios fight
        Does he have a fanbase? If so, it is not a big one...But that's what I'm wondering, if his ratings which jumped almost 100k more from his previous fight came from the PPV replay or if he gained some fans in the process of dogging Wilder? It can just be SHO in general will start seeing an increase in viewership since they have a consistent schedule now. I don't know, but I do know the man hardly had anyone out in the arena that was for him last weekend lol.

Comment

I mean was that from the buzz he generated from his Wilder comments or mainly due to folks tuning in to watch the Davis/Barrios rematch?
          I’m sure most American sports fans don’t comb YouTube channels looking for controversy. My guess is these are just loyal boxing fans and sports fans who wanted to see a fight. This is a future opponent for Brandon and that fight looks to be a good one due to style clashes….ie can this guy keep Brandon off him for 12 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I’m sure most American sports fans don’t comb YouTube channels looking for controversy. My guess is these are just loyal boxing fans and sports fans who wanted to see a fight. This is a future opponent for Brandon and that fight looks to be a good one due to style clashes….ie can this guy keep Brandon off him for 12 rounds
            Brandon who? Figueora? He fights at 122.

Comment

Brandon who? Figueora? He fights at 122.
              i stand corrected, my bad, confused Colbert for Fulton

Comment

Could also be his last fight generated a bit of buzz , even Steven A. Smith Tweeted about him . More likely it's a combination of all the above.
                KTFOKING KTFOKING likes this.

Comment

I tuned in primarily to watch the replay of Tank. Then enjoyed the Rivera fight. Colbert fight not so much.
                  KTFOKING KTFOKING likes this.

Comment

Where are the Loma numbers?

Comment

Working...
                    X