Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Defends Previous Comments Predicting Demise of Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Defends Previous Comments Predicting Demise of Showtime

For a while, in 2019, it seemed as though Showtime Boxing was on the ropes. HBO, the longtime broadcasting leader in boxing, had just thrown in the towel, and for many observers, Showtime was one mishap away from having smelling salts foisted in its face.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Perhaps, young Edward, you got caught up in the “this is the American takeover” talk when you besmirched Showtime and personally condemned them to going the way of the dodo? The reason of course young Edward targeted showtime was because it was/is Haymon country and the Essex school boy is as trying his best to put the Harvard MBA graduate out of business. I remember back to circa 2015-2016 when pbc first burst on the scene and several fighters repressed by Hearn were fighting on the pbc….Hearn had no problem working with Haymon pretty regularly. There was something about that relationship that energised young Edward, he saw something that told him “I want that” about promoting in the USA. One wonders what might have been if he had come to the USA with a friendlier tone, if he had come over looking to do business with Haymon rather than target him.

Comment

Devin Haney A Network Free Agent, No Obstacles To Gervonta & Teofimo Fights
      By Jeff Aronow
      Boxing News 24
      July 6, 2021

Eddie Hearn says Devin Haney hasn’t re-inked with DAZN, and he’s now planning on being a network-free agent to prevent any obstacles for him getting fights against Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis and Teofimo Lopez.
      Hearn says WBC 135lb champion Haney (26-0, 15 KOs) wants “no excuses” for why he can’t get a fight against Teofimo and Tank. Haney, 22, is still with Matchroom, and Hearn is planning his next fight.

Unless Ryan Garcia suddenly shows interest in facing Haney, Hearn says he’ll fight the winner of this Friday’s WBC title eliminator between Javier Fortuna and Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz Jr.

Hearn wants Haney to get his mandatory defense out of the way if Gervonta, Teofimo, or Ryan Garcia aren’t interested in facing him.

Haney Is A Network Free Agent

“The same with Canelo,” said Eddie Hearn to Boxing Social about Devin Haney being a network-free agent. “Devin Haney has made it clear where he wants to be, which is with us, and we’re planning his next fight right now.

“There’s a mandatory fight coming up between Jo Jo Diaz and Fortuna this Friday. If we can’t get Ryan Garcia or Teofimo Lopez, then we’ll probably fight the winner of that fight, probably in October or October.

“Devin is another one like Canelo where I said to him, ‘Let’s just keep ourselves floating because if Gervonta Davis wants to fight Devin Haney, I can make that fight right now.

“If Teofimo Lopez wants to fight Devin Haney on ESPN, we can make that right now. I don’t want politics to get in the way of me giving Devin Haney the fight that he needs right now to break out to become a mega-star.

“He’s in a great spot. He’s got the security of DAZN, while at the same time has the freedom right now to move to the big fights that he wants to. I like that because then there’s no excuse.

https://www.************.com/2021/07...eofimo-fights/

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Devin Haney A Network Free Agent, No Obstacles To Gervonta & Teofimo Fights
        By Jeff Aronow
        Boxing News 24
        July 6, 2021

Eddie Hearn says Devin Haney hasn’t re-inked with DAZN, and he’s now planning on being a network-free agent to prevent any obstacles for him getting fights against Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis and Teofimo Lopez.
        Hearn says WBC 135lb champion Haney (26-0, 15 KOs) wants “no excuses” for why he can’t get a fight against Teofimo and Tank. Haney, 22, is still with Matchroom, and Hearn is planning his next fight.

Unless Ryan Garcia suddenly shows interest in facing Haney, Hearn says he’ll fight the winner of this Friday’s WBC title eliminator between Javier Fortuna and Joseph ‘Jo Jo’ Diaz Jr.

Hearn wants Haney to get his mandatory defense out of the way if Gervonta, Teofimo, or Ryan Garcia aren’t interested in facing him.

Haney Is A Network Free Agent

“The same with Canelo,” said Eddie Hearn to Boxing Social about Devin Haney being a network-free agent. “Devin Haney has made it clear where he wants to be, which is with us, and we’re planning his next fight right now.

“There’s a mandatory fight coming up between Jo Jo Diaz and Fortuna this Friday. If we can’t get Ryan Garcia or Teofimo Lopez, then we’ll probably fight the winner of that fight, probably in October or October.

“Devin is another one like Canelo where I said to him, ‘Let’s just keep ourselves floating because if Gervonta Davis wants to fight Devin Haney, I can make that fight right now.

“If Teofimo Lopez wants to fight Devin Haney on ESPN, we can make that right now. I don’t want politics to get in the way of me giving Devin Haney the fight that he needs right now to break out to become a mega-star.

“He’s in a great spot. He’s got the security of DAZN, while at the same time has the freedom right now to move to the big fights that he wants to. I like that because then there’s no excuse.

https://www.************.com/2021/07...eofimo-fights/
        This seems to be moving toward the new normal. Fighters who forgo the multi-fight deals with promoters and take it fight by fight with promotional outfits that have links to networks or the app. This is the way of the future.
        Last edited by Oldskoolg; 07-07-2021, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Sounds like Edward Hearnia is jealous
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Once in a while, he should opt for “no comment”.

Comment

I honestly think he likes winding the LDBC'ers up which is really dumb as they're a cult its not really about boxing for them it's about the PBC, I can't ever see them embracing the idea of boxing as a world sport, boxing has to be small and niche or it doesn't belong to them :-(

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post

Comment

All the cbs boxing scene moderator alt accounts came out in full for for this one lol

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
                  I think he's allergic to shutting the **** up.

Comment

The best part is when he is surprised Espinoza takes shots at him after what he was doing when DAZN launched lol.

Anyways, more importantly he let us know the type of viewership for DAZN shows. We're looking at from 180-250k and probably half of that for the UK shows. For those saying DAZN is or was overpaying Canelo, his shows like are three to four times majority of the shows on DAZN. His value for DAZN is pretty insane, without him the viewership would be far less.
                    zzat zzat BoloShot BoloShot like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X