Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszyu: This Could Be My Last Fight Here, I Definitely Want To Do Something Special

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tszyu: This Could Be My Last Fight Here, I Definitely Want To Do Something Special

Tim Tszyu was just three years old when his father made his final appearance in Australia before spending the rest of his Hall of Fame career in the United States. The occasion took place at Newcastle Entertainment Centre, marking the seventh and final time that Kostya Tszyu played the venue. The occasion was brief, scoring a first-round knockout of Calvin Grove in April 1998 for his seventh win in as many fights at the intimate locale, with all but two coming inside the distance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I will definitely tune in to watch this one. Tszyu is a pleasure to watch and he’ll keep getting better.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

The talk of luring big fighters to Oz fizzled out quickly then and reality set in that contenders don’t dictate terms

Comment

WTF? Like Oz is going to break out in commmunal dispair and mourning. Please, Timmy, don't leave home. How will they survive without him?

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          WTF? Like Oz is going to break out in commmunal dispair and mourning. Please, Timmy, don't leave home. How will they survive without him?
          That’s pretty ignorant of you to say that. He’s just speaking from a fan’s perspective, if you were a big fan of his you’d obviously support him. Let’s say Tim goes to America, blows up and becomes a household name. Wouldn’t you be upset as a fan to miss his last fight in Australia? You’re the one making him sound like an arrogant *******, plus it’s probably hard on him to leave home as well so he’s getting sentimental.

Comment

This guy is the goods. Fun fighter.

Comment

Dude is still developing and already beat hogan better than charlo and Horn better than Pac and Bud he's definitely different

Comment

You don't hear Kamboso, or the Malonys, weeping like they're going to a funeral. "This may be the last tiime"? Is he planning to travel on the Titanic?

Comment

It took his father 20 odd fights before he relocated to the US so he's ahead of schedule in that respect. I agree that it's time to leave Aus if he wants to pursue the big time.

Comment

I like how Kamboso is willing to go down a NY rat hole to get at Teo. Forget all that nostalgia, forget the home crowd, forget about the home town advantage. In a way, those are the people you need to get away from. They stroke the ego, overlook defects, let a guy get beat to a pulp and, if he's lucky, if he makes it to the last bell, complain about a close win.
                    Last edited by Corelone; 07-06-2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X