Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo 'Sickly' Wants Beterbiev at 175; Never Going Back to 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo 'Sickly' Wants Beterbiev at 175; Never Going Back to 160

Canelo Alvarez is apparently dying to face the current kingpin of the light heavyweight division, according to his promoter Eddie Hearn. "Artur Beterbiev is a fight that Canelo 'sickly' wants," Eddie Hearn said on The DAZN Boxing Show, referring to the feared IBF and WBC 175-pound champion. "He's sort of talked about that fight. He knows how hard Artur Beterbiev punches"
    [Click Here To Read More]

If he lands Beterbiev and wins that places him into ATG status.
    Cecin Cecin Theosis26 Theosis26 like this.

Comment

He "sickly" wants it, but " sort of talked about it" . Looooool is Hearn going into politics? He could write Boris' speeches..

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
        Lands? he just has to call... Don't worry, Beterbiev will answer. lol

Comment

Sounds to me more like a message to Plant than anything else.

Comment

As of now, because Canelo has been the most active and sharpest boxer, Beterbiev may not like the response.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
              So you get all time status by beating a fighter with 16 fights and 1 notable win? Yall dudes say any f*ucking thing on the internet.

If you wanna say canelo atg. Im cool with that. But dont tell me arthur beterbiev makes him that

Beterbiev hasnt done **** in boxing but win 1 unification fight

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post

Lands? he just has to call... Don't worry, Beterbiev will answer. lol
                And then your pathetic excuse will be Biev OLD 38-39.

Or he GREEN only has 16-17 pro fights....

Don't stress we all know how u roll Mr. CASUAL FAN
                Cecin Cecin Theosis26 Theosis26 like this.

Comment

Canelo is a special talent well deserving of being number one on the lb. for lb. list, but Beterbiev is a bridge too far for him. Beterbiev had a distinguished career as an amateur where he fought at light heavy and as well as heavyweight. And of course, he is undefeated as a pro with all his wins by knockout. His otherworldly power is well known, but folks are underestimating his boxing ability. Canelo's best weight is probably 160. Above middleweight, he is facing much taller fighters with longer reach and punching power in their own right. Beterbiev would be his biggest challenge by far. I don't know if he can pull this off, but I have to give him his props for fighting champions while many others are fighting opponents with questionable talent and suspect resumes.

Comment

Look, I'm no Canelo hater, I really respect his skill level, determination, ambition - he's a true champion, but I can't ignore the fact that he's picking on elite fighters when they start showing signs of decline or he believes they are there for the taking. Beterbiev is 36. With an exception of BJ Saunders, Canelo has never fought any elite level fighter when that fighter was at the peak of his career. Not a single one. And that is if we want to call BJ elite - I can see an argument, but I don't see BJ getting into HOF. So, I'm sure if Canelo and Beterbiev fight, Canelo will win most likely on points (for one, Canelo doesn't lose on points, so that's that). So, yeah, Canelo will probably be considered ATG at the end of his career, but if you start digging into nuances as a purist, then you'd have to take points away for picking on those who are on decline.

Comment

Working...
                    X