Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gassiev's Coach Likes Teper Fight at This Stage, Wants Tougher Foes in Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gassiev's Coach Likes Teper Fight at This Stage, Wants Tougher Foes in Future

German veteran Erkan Teper is a good opponent for former world champion Murat Gassiev at this stage of his career, according to the Russian boxer's coach Vitaly Slanov. The fight between Gassiev and Teper is scheduled to take place on July 22 at the Dynamo Arena in Moscow.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Teper might be an upgrade in opponent,.at least on paper, but I'm not sure what he has left. His last fight was against Helenius (who stopped him) almost 2 years ago. I've criticized Kingpin in the past but he will at least give rounds and won't look for a soft spot on the canvas. In a way, I wouldn't have minded the Johnson selection.

Comment

Teper was a tough journey man, but age and VADA probably ruined him. Gassiev by way of murder in 3.

Comment

He will destroy this dude just like he destroyed everyone else he has fought except for that slick Slav Usyk, who danced around him beautifully for 12 rounds matador style. We might see him lose again to a runner faster than him, but it's unlikely we will find a better gladiator than Gassiev for sometime. He has a granite chin, thunder in both hands, and ridiculously creative combinations that are proof of a very high boxing IQ. He was a wrecking ball in cruiser and will be a wrecking ball in heavy...

Comment

So Gassiev left disAbled Sanchez too lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            Teper was a tough journey man, but age and VADA probably ruined him. Gassiev by way of murder in 3.
            Well there'll be no vada or random testing of any kind for this fight!
            Gassiev has now had the benefit of an extended no testing training period so no doubt will look impressive.

Comment

Gassiev should win this by stoppage if he is some future contender here.

Comment

Working...
              X