Comments Thread For: Chris Colbert: The Jab is Always The Key in This Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Colbert: The Jab is Always The Key in This Sport

[Click Here To Read More]

Chris Colbert better be happy King Tug didn't have the power to sleep him. He got got with too many clean power shots. He needs to stop trying to win in style and just fight he'll be even better. It was a good performance I wouldn't say dominant

Comment

I was watching a Mayweather video the other day on youtube and he hardly ever threw the same left hand to keep his opponents at bay and guessing. Although Colberts jab looked on point and fast, some1 like Gervonta would time him and likely knock him accross the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        I was watching a Mayweather video the other day on youtube and he hardly ever threw the same left hand to keep his opponents at bay and guessing. Although Colberts jab looked on point and fast, some1 like Gervonta would time him and likely knock him accross the ring.
        I like Colbert and he has a sharp jab but you're probably right. I called it a metrenome jab in the RBR thread for a similar reason. Incase you're unaware a metrenome is a musical tool to keep tempo and it ticks perfectly on whatever beats per minute you set it to. His jab often had that steady predictable rhythm to it.

Comment

I agree that Colbert's jab was dominant. Kept Tug off balance throughout. If Tug is going to win at the big leagues he's gotta get rougher and bang away as much as possible.
          That's what won it for Davis. I wish Tug the best. Maybe he learned about this the hard way. Colbert is on the right track. Boxers should notice this use of a heavy Spence like jab.

Comment

Colbert has talent and fast hands but tends to get sloppy.His best hope is for Tank and Shakur to leave 130 so he may be able to pick up a belt without facing an elite fighter.

Comment

Most IMPORTANT Punch in Boxing

Comment

Working...
              X