Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: A Lot Of Variables Going Into Canelo-Saunders And We Saw Several Play Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant: A Lot Of Variables Going Into Canelo-Saunders And We Saw Several Play Out

There was little about the May 8 three-belt super middleweight unification bout that surprised Caleb Plant, right down to the party with whom he would enter negotiations for his own next fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Plant says, “All the details will be ironed out real soon.” Don't hold your breath folks. The likelihood that this fight will be made is probably much less than 50/50. We will know is a few days. It would be ironic if Plant takes a pass on this fight and loses his next one for a lot less money when he defends his title against the typical Plant opponent. For sure he will avoid Benavidez like the plague, or should I say, like the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
      Plant says, “All the details will be ironed out real soon.” Don't hold your breath folks. The likelihood that this fight will be made is probably much less than 50/50. We will know is a few days. It would be ironic if Plant takes a pass on this fight and loses his next one for a lot less money when he defends his title against the typical Plant opponent. For sure he will avoid Benavidez like the plague, or should I say, like the virus.
      The fight will happen. This is nothing different than smith and Saunders not accepting their initial offers to face canelo until they got paid a little more. The back up option of Benavidez is not one that either of them want at this point.
      chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

This bum needs to STFU until he signs on the dotted line for that ass whipping.
        Should have been an easy fight to make but we know Uncle Al doesn’t want to lose a title to a non PBC fighter.
        James Hunt James Hunt likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          This bum needs to STFU until he signs on the dotted line for that ass whipping.
          Should have been an easy fight to make but we know Uncle Al doesn’t want to lose a title to a non PBC fighter.
          I'm sure the wba will create some more belts for pbc .
          James Hunt James Hunt likes this.

Comment

It's worthwhile getting a nice multimillion dollar payday and then if he loses, he can retire if he wants to.

Plant looks very impressive against mediocre opposition. I don't know if he can be that good against the pound for pound king Canelo.

Comment

I always thought Plant stood the best chance at beating Canelo. Not saying that he would do it. Just saying he can trouble Canelo and frustrate him.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                I always thought Plant stood the best chance at beating Canelo. Not saying that he would do it. Just saying he can trouble Canelo and frustrate him.
                Everyone said the same thing for BJS
                TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

Sad this guy gets rewarded with a major pay day after having not fought anyone of note. Seriously who has this guy fought? He basically babied that belt till he got to this point. Good for him but it is rather disappointing. Now if he can lose while getting at least 8 mil payday. Sad state of boxing.

Comment

Have a feeling this fight is not happening.
                    Apparently, Plant's side is totally passive in making it, similar to Fury team in making AJ fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X