Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Defends Himself Against Errol Spence Criticism: 'I Don't Hate Nobody'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Defends Himself Against Errol Spence Criticism: 'I Don't Hate Nobody'

Roy Jones Jr. doesn't understand why certain people accuse him of "hating on" welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr. In the past, the Hall of Fame boxer has criticized Spence, who holds the IBF and WBC welterweight belts, for not pushing harder for a showdown against WBO titleholder and rival Terence Crawford. But that does not stem from any personal bias against Spence, says Jones, who only wants to see the so-called best prove their case inside the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jones was a great fighter in his hey day but there were a couple of names that didn't happened for whatever reason. He should not be talking too much.

Comment

Starting to wonder if Roy is suffering a bit from those knockouts....Crawford hasn't proven anything over Spence, at least not at Welterweight. If anything, at this juncture, Spence has the more impressive resume. Crawford is still at the top of people's P4P lists, even though he has been inactive for 8 months. I mean.....there are PLENTY of fights to be made without Errol and he can't get ONE??? It's pretty obvious what's going on with Bud right now, so if Roy wants to point a finger, he should be pointing it towards Top Rank

Comment

Stopped reading from here (see below), Spence has fought way better opposition i.e proven himself.

"The only problem I have is that he’s the other top welterweight next to Terence Crawford who has probably proven himself a lot more than Errol has, so it’s, like, I don’t see the big dog fight.”
        Last edited by vital1983; 07-03-2021, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Roy's taken too many head-shots.

When you make a statement saying Crawford has fought tougher competition than Errol has, you are hating.

Comment

Never thought RJJ was hating before but the statement about Bud fighting better opponents makes me question that now.

Comment

Roy is right in that it’s frustrating that Crawford and Spence can’t get this thing done. It’s probably the best fight that could be made in boxing when it comes to being two elite talents and if the winner were to win impressively, it would like shoot them right to #1 p4p.
              pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Roy jr is being biased, hate is too big a word here, by point finger to Spence. Crawford is obviously still banking on his accomplishments at 140. In my opinion Spence jr has proven himself far better than Crawford at 147.
                Last edited by Boxviewer; 07-03-2021, 07:57 AM.
                siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Jones was a great fighter in his hey day but there were a couple of names that didn't happened for whatever reason. He should not be talking too much.
                  There was really one name he missed and it was because he didn’t want to travel to Germany to face him, which is understandable. Otherwise he has Hopkins, McCallum, Hill, Toney, Tarver, Calzaghe all as guys he’s faced. He could talk all he wants on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    Roy is right in that it’s frustrating that Crawford and Spence can’t get this thing done. It’s probably the best fight that could be made in boxing when it comes to being two elite talents and if the winner were to win impressively, it would like shoot them right to #1 p4p.
                    Errol been saying he hunting Orca after he beats Pac so the fight will happen.

Only reason it might not happen is if Bud pricing himself out.
                    siablo14 siablo14 FLY TY FLY TY like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X