Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Colbert, Michel Rivera Bring Out Best In One Another Ahead Of Showtime Doubleheader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Colbert, Michel Rivera Bring Out Best In One Another Ahead Of Showtime Doubleheader

By Jake Donovan - Chris Colbert believes he has already survived the hardest part of his next fight. Awaiting the unbeaten Brooklyn native is a showdown with Mongolia's Tugstsogt Nyambayar (12-1, 9KOs). The WBA interim junior lightweight title bout takes place this Saturday, live on Showtime from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-02-2021, 02:58 PM.

I just don't see Chris Colbert doing very much....he's just mediocre in my humble opinion so he better keep taking on lesser opponents

Comment

Anyone see Tug or JonFer pulling an upset on either Colbert or Rivera? I feel like both of these guys are vulnerable, and I like both of their opponents, but I'm not sure if they lose on Saturday night.

Comment

Tug not sure how much moving up in wt or how being a late replacement will impact his performance but Chris better be on is A game. Tug can flat out fight and is ambitious.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          Anyone see Tug or JonFer pulling an upset on either Colbert or Rivera? I feel like both of these guys are vulnerable, and I like both of their opponents, but I'm not sure if they lose on Saturday night.
          Jonfer more likely. He is quicker to the punch than Rivera, has alright movement and punch placement. Rivera is somewhat stiff, but has dedicated body work.
          I reckon, its Jonfer making Rivera look slow early on and then its a question of whether Riveras pressure gets to him or if he can tough it out and is conditioned enough to box and move and beat Rivera to the punch.

I rate Colbert. He answered some questions in his last fight.
          He has the tendency to not fight the easiest path to victory. Just voluntarily sat on the ropes vs Arboleda and allowed him to open up so that he can block/slip/roll and counter him, but it showed that he as a "boxer"-type of fighter (who usually are more fragile than pressure fighters) can take punishment and dish it out. Showed that he can fight in the pocket and catch and shoot, worked the body and of also if necessary just fight on the outside with movement and counter punches.

I dont think Nyambayar can win this with 2 weeks notice. Against someone like Colbert you need to have a pretty good gastank to push the pace and make it uncomfortable for him, but he also doesnt have the size to bully him like a Maidana. I expect Colbert to at some point feel that Nyambayar is slowing down and then he will start to stalk and back him off.

PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post

Jonfer more likely. He is quicker to the punch than Rivera, has alright movement and punch placement. Rivera is somewhat stiff, but has dedicated body work.
            I reckon, its Jonfer making Rivera look slow early on and then its a question of whether Riveras pressure gets to him or if he can tough it out and is conditioned enough to box and move and beat Rivera to the punch.

I rate Colbert. He answered some questions in his last fight.
            He has the tendency to not fight the easiest path to victory. Just voluntarily sat on the ropes vs Arboleda and allowed him to open up so that he can block/slip/roll and counter him, but it showed that he as a "boxer"-type of fighter (who usually are more fragile than pressure fighters) can take punishment and dish it out. Showed that he can fight in the pocket and catch and shoot, worked the body and of also if necessary just fight on the outside with movement and counter punches.

I dont think Nyambayar can win this with 2 weeks notice. Against someone like Colbert you need to have a pretty good gastank to push the pace and make it uncomfortable for him, but he also doesnt have the size to bully him like a Maidana. I expect Colbert to at some point feel that Nyambayar is slowing down and then he will start to stalk and back him off.

VRey good breakdown. I agree, if there's an upset it's probably JonFer over Rivera. Tug has alot to overcome and I don't think he's dynamic enough to do it.

Comment

Working...
            X