Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton: Lomachenko Still The Force He Once Was, He Took Lopez Lightly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton: Lomachenko Still The Force He Once Was, He Took Lopez Lightly

Former two division world champion Ricky Hatton believes Vasiliy Lomachenko is back in full force. Last Saturday night in Las Vegas, Lomachenko bounced back with a dominating stoppage win over the usually durable Masayoshi Nakatani.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He definitely took Lopez lightly. That being said, Lopez is that dangerous as well. If Loma comes out swinging and pressing from the opening bell in the rematch I think he gets beat up.

Comment

The rematch, if it happens, will definitely play out different. Loma won’t start slow this time, but he still has to be careful of Lopez’s power. He can’t just charge in recklessly.

Comment

Please, stop!!!! Loma did not take Teofimo lightly. That was his biggest fight to date. He did not start off slowly, he fought a cautious fight because his opponent was legit. While Loma was clearly the more seasoned and clever fighter, Teofimo was more hungrier and stronger. Loma is a very overrated fighter...and yes, race is a factor. He almost got seriously hurt in their first fight. Do not be surprised if Teofimo gets the ko in a rematch.
        Last edited by Lefty0616; 07-01-2021, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Well he certainly didnt help himself with the weird slow start (slow as in like the first half of the fight practically given away) and he did look good just now. Still though, hes a 33 year old little guy, time isnt on his side.

Comment

"I think Vasiliy Lomachenko is still very much the force he once was. He was winning these fights with absolute ease and I think when Teofimo Lopez came along, I think he just took his eye off the ball and took it a little bit too lightly because he had been winning his previous fights so comfortably," Hatton told Metro.co.uk.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
              Please, stop!!!! Loma did not take Teofimo lightly. That was his biggest fight to date. He did not start off slowly, he fought a cautious fight because his opponent was legit. While Loma was clearly the more seasoned and clever fighter, Teofimo was more hungrier and stronger. Loma is a very overrated fighter...and yes, race is a factor. He almost got seriously hurt in their first fight. Do not be surprised if Teofimo gets the ko in a rematch.
              how does a fighter “almost get seriously hurt”? Loma didnt come close to being down or even staggered…u actually contradict urself by saying he fought a cautious fight and then “ he almost got seriously hurt”…watever that means. Everyone says Loma started slow…sure didnt fight “cautiously” in the 2nd half of the fight bc his opponent was “legit”. And when u give 3 undefeated champs their 1st and ONLY losses in 12 pro fights - ur obviously not “very overrated”.
              Last edited by IRONCHINHAGLER; 07-01-2021, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I hate that this is becoming the narrative. Teo did a great job of nullifying Loma's normal positioning of establishing that right foot pivot while applying pressure that forced him to fight backing up.

Loma is an aggressive boxer and had to come forward and Teo was ready for everything and reacted well too Loma's feints and gave him something to think about each time.
                HAVISJ HAVISJ Boxviewer Boxviewer like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
                  He probably was a bit overrated when he was ranked P4P number one but I think he is pretty well rated now.

Davis is more overrated if you ask me.

I agree with your analysis of the Teo fight.

IRONCHINHAGLER IRONCHINHAGLER likes this.

Comment

Loma didn't take Lopez lightly, on the contrary he feared Lopez's power and rightly because he could have got ko'ed.
                    HAVISJ HAVISJ likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X