Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: Frampton Not Big, Strong Enough For Herring; Was At End Of His Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: Frampton Not Big, Strong Enough For Herring; Was At End Of His Career

As impressive as Jamel Herring looked against Carl Frampton, Shakur Stevenson considers his technical-knockout victory more reflective of Frampton than Herring. Herring retained his WBO junior lightweight title by stopping Frampton in the sixth round April 3 at Caesars Bluewaters Dubai. The 35-year-old southpaw dropped Frampton twice, once in the fifth round and again in the sixth round, during that scheduled 12-round, 130-pound championship match before it was stopped.
    [Click Here To Read More]

At the end of the day fewer and fewer people want to see Shakur Stevenson fight - and fewer and fewer want to see him win when he does fight. The ESPN hype machine can’t carry him forever.

Comment

Shakur has good solid skills but hell he’s not in the same century as Gervonta. I see his amateur pedigree but he still fights without much power just solid boxing fundamentals but even that isn’t star quality.

Comment

Well, I told Herring he would be my new favorite fighter if he beats Stevenson so I hope he wins. Shakur seems arrogant and his style is boring.

Comment

Everybody knew what pillow fisted and boring Stevenson would bring in Herring fight. Its a waste of time and money tuning in. It would be same result with pillow fisted getting credit from judges for.his amateur like performance...

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
            Shakur has good solid skills but hell he’s not in the same century as Gervonta. I see his amateur pedigree but he still fights without much power just solid boxing fundamentals but even that isn’t star quality.
            I have to agree with you on that. Davis was the most dangerous guy when he was at 130. Chris Colbert on the other hand, has immense boxing skills similar to Stevenson, but he’s entertaining to watch. He’s willing to take risks at fires back at his opponents with good combinations. Looking forward to his fight this Saturday.

Comment

Working...
            X