Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: Let's Get Plant Deal Done - Then I Like Charlo, Spence, Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: Let's Get Plant Deal Done - Then I Like Charlo, Spence, Benavidez

Jermall Charlo's wish may come true. Immediately following Canelo Alvarez's crushing stoppage win over Billy Joe Saunders on May 8, the WBC middleweight champion Charlo called out the pound-for-pound king on social media even when the Mexican superstar made it clear that he wanted to become undisputed at 168 pounds and next fight IBF titlist Caleb Plant.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Spence? You can’t be serious. I’m sure that Andrade would be a much better option stylistically wise.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
      Spence? You can’t be serious. I’m sure that Andrade would be a much better option stylistically wise.
      Canelo and Andrade had an altercation. Who do you think from deserved the payday? Spence, David, Charlo bring more money than Andrade.

Comment

"Lifelong Alvarez confidant and trainer Eddy Reynoso revealed that they are amiable to fight Charlo if the Texas is so inclined to take a two-step toward Alvarez"

I suppose amiable works, but I think you mean amenable, BoxingScene, don't you?
        Last edited by Monty Fisto; 06-30-2021, 07:35 AM.
        Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

The best thing Charlo could have done was look extremely vulnerable in his last fight. Canelo is now salivating off what he saw. Charlo looked terrible….if that Charlo shows up he will have no chance.
          Last edited by Oldskoolg; 06-30-2021, 07:49 AM.
          Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

Canelo and Andrade had an altercation. Who do you think from deserved the payday? Spence, David, Charlo bring more money than Andrade.
            I’m not denying that Spence is a bigger draw than Andrade, but it’ll be a total mismatch. Spence would already be a small 154 lber. I’m assuming they’d meet at a catch weight of 162 or something. Spence won’t be able to handle the torpedos coming from Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

I’m not denying that Spence is a bigger draw than Andrade, but it’ll be a total mismatch. Spence would already be a small 154 lber. I’m assuming they’d meet at a catch weight of 162 or something. Spence won’t be able to handle the torpedos coming from Canelo.
              Nah Spence could be big if he wants to. Industry knows how much Spence drains and camps to make 147. He’s at the threshold. He could easily fight at 154-160. Spence doesn’t have to be thin just because he looks thin at 147. He can just bulk up and get loose the way Duran and SRL did up to 168. Besides, Spence said he’d go to 160 for Canelo for the last 2-3 years. 164 would be fair. Duran and SRL fought at 168. Spence bigger than both of them

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                The best thing Charlo could have done was look extremely vulnerable in his last fight. Canelo is now salivating off what he saw. Charlo looked terrible….if that Charlo shows up he will have no chance.
                LOL the fact that people still think canelo is looking for easy fight makes no sense to me. He's clearly fighting the best available, that makes sense. He said his desire was to clean 168, which he's one fight from doing, then he's going after the best remaining, which include Charlo, regardless of his last performance

Comment

No, Canelo must fight them all at the same time at a 164 pound weight limit...

Comment

Charlo isn’t even undisputed at 160 and completely unproven at 168. Grow some balls and fight Benavidez first. Canelo has never been a cherry picker, that was all golden boy and de la Hoya rubbish. Since leaving he’s beaten 2 champions at super middle and neither fight was hard to make. I expect the fights with plant and then Benavidez will get made next. It’s not like he can duck Benavidez by moving up.
                    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X