No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stephen Smith - 'I Gave Everything I Had'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stephen Smith - 'I Gave Everything I Had'

When Liverpool fighter Stephen Smith scrolled through his phone on Monday he was reminded that it was 13 years to the day since he turned professional. Well, after a frustrating period over the final few years of his career, he decided Monday was as good a time as any to haul the curtain down on his 28-4 career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It wasn't enough little boy, enjoy retirement mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
      It wasn't enough little boy, enjoy retirement mate.
      Considering 99.9% of people who walk into a boxing gym would never even reach British title level or get world title shots, I’d say he was a success

not everyone can be a world champ, but very very few get to be a world title challenger either.

Comment

Man... that ear injury... *shudders*

Fought hard, just not world champion level. So what? Some of my favorite fighters never were in their era. Hope he managed his money and has a great next stage with is family. Be healthy, and tell boxing stories.
        Gideon lock Gideon lock likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Considering 99.9% of people who walk into a boxing gym would never even reach British title level or get world title shots, I’d say he was a success

not everyone can be a world champ, but very very few get to be a world title challenger either.
          Yes good point, i was very unfair in my previous comment looking back. Maybe just having an off day I usually respect any combatant regardless of achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            When Liverpool fighter Stephen Smith scrolled through his phone on Monday he was reminded that it was 13 years to the day since he turned professional. Well, after a frustrating period over the final few years of his career, he decided Monday was as good a time as any to haul the curtain down on his 28-4 career.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            I commend anyone who can end their career with no regrets because they gave it their best

Comment

Somebody asks you what your pro record was and you say 28-4. That says a he's real, even these days when a lot of fighters cherry pick the first 15.

Comment

Working...
              X