Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: After Mayweather's Scorecard Tip, Davis Becomes Tank And Rolls Over Barrios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: After Mayweather's Scorecard Tip, Davis Becomes Tank And Rolls Over Barrios

by Corey Erdman - When Floyd Mayweather barged into Gervonta Davis' corner after round nine of his bout against Mario Barrios and began talking over Davis' trainer Calvin Ford, it would have been understandable to assume it was simply Mayweather's well-documented and well-earned main character syndrome flaring up at the worst possible time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mayweather changed the pace of the fight, he woke up the beast
    Joeboxeo Joeboxeo likes this.

Comment

And this is why it's laughable that people were upset at Floyd for stepping in. Davis' coach was doing him a disservice. While he was technically up on the cards, Gervonta was wayyyy too passive up until that point. Floyd did.the right thing here. Floyd can be annoying but people hate on him for the stupidest stuff.
      Ray* Ray* mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Rolling through the cherry picked bumsquad. i would say Postal is next but that is too dangerous for little tanky.
        Marktko1020 Marktko1020 likes this.

Comment

Hard work hard work hard work ez money

Comment

What ever advice his trainer was giving him wasn’t working. So Mayweather stepping in and tipping him helped more than the coach.
            KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              And this is why it's laughable that people were upset at Floyd for stepping in. Davis' coach was doing him a disservice. While he was technically up on the cards, Gervonta was wayyyy too passive up until that point. Floyd did.the right thing here. Floyd can be annoying but people hate on him for the stupidest stuff.

Fans will b/tch either way. Some fans were talking crap about Canelo-Trout, when the scorecards were read after the 9th inning. Some fans were mad because this changed Trout’s approach, making him more aggressive. In that case they were mad because Trout knowing the scorecards made him push the action.

Fast forward to Tank vs Barrios, they are now mad that Davis was told about an unofficial score which made him more aggressive.

Their anger and frustration depends on who they are rooting for. If someone told Barrios he’s losing on all 3 scorecards and he becomes more aggressive and KO’ed Tank, no one would care.

Edit: Removed comments towards Corey Erdman. I initially misunderstood what he was saying. He is saying there is nothing wrong with what Floyd did and that flew over my head.
              Last edited by -Kev-; 06-28-2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

With the wording and tone this journalist wrote in, you can tell he doesn’t like Mayweather.

Fans will b/tch either way. Some fans were talking crap about Canelo-Trout, when the scorecards were read after the 9th inning. Some fans were mad because this changed Trout’s approach, making him more aggressive. In that case they were mad because Trout knowing the scorecards made him push the action.

Fast forward to Tank vs Barrios, they are now mad that Davis was told about an unofficial score which made him more aggressive.

Their anger and frustration depends on who they are rooting for. If someone told Barrios he’s losing on all 3 scorecards and he becomes more aggressive and KO’ed Tank, no one would care. Chris Feldman (the journalist behind this article) would not have made an article about it and Tank’s detractors would have rejoiced. Chris Feldman would have likely called it a “smart” move by who ever told Barrios, hypothetically.

Pick and choose who you praise and for what. That’s boxing media for you.
                I agree with your overall sentiment. I think the writer's name is Corey Erdman. Tone is sometimes tricky but I liked the article overall. I don't like dry writers. This dude is fine.

Comment

Good article, thanks.

Comment

I have to say that Steve Farhood has never seemed to be a good scorer of fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X