Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios: Gervonta Davis is Explosive, He Caught Me Slipping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios: Gervonta Davis is Explosive, He Caught Me Slipping

State Farm Arena, Atlanta - In a clash for the WBA "regular" junior welterweight title, Gervonta Davis (25-0, 24 KOs) scored three knockdowns to stop unbeaten Mario Barrios (26-1, 17 KOs) in the eleventh round. It was a slow start for Davis, who needed a few rounds to fully adjust to Barrios' much bigger frame.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Barrios did his thing as well. Respect to both warriors
    mgame mgame landotter landotter like this.

Comment

Barrios showed Tank wont have easy against elite 140 like Taylor or Prograis or Ramirez
      Last edited by jackblack008; 06-27-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
        Barrios showed Tank wont have easy against elite 140 like Taylor or Prograis or Ramirez
        not sure Taylor and Ramirez have an easy night with Barrios either.

Get em up Get em up mgame mgame like this.

Comment

You're not the best in your division tho

Comment

Respect to Barrios. Seems like a cool dude.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
              I don't know of prograis or Taylor, but tank beats Ramirez easily

Comment

Zero Shame in that Effort from Mario, he fought tough, kept getting up and finished on his feet. Had him up before getting dropped twice in that 8th which turned things around for Tank. Even after that he recovered and came right back out very tough in that 9th

Good Fight and Good Card!
                Last edited by sicko; 06-27-2021, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Imo that's tanks only shot against any of the top guys at 140lb and that's a long shot at best. Lets wait and see against the elite at 140lb first to say his power carried up. Yea he dropped Barrios sure but that isn't saying much. All the top 140lbers like Taylor,Ramirez,Regis,Mikey,Zepeda and even someone like Postol would soundly outbox Tank to victory. If Tank stays at 140lb,put him in there with a brawler like Baranchyk, that be an explosive fight and one that plays into Tanks style.

Comment

Im not really a Tank fan. I've watched him since he first got tv gigs. All I know is this. It's seems no matter what weight he's fighting at, he carries his power. He can punch. He's fought some decent fighters . Yes not the super elite ...yet. But I've seen this movie before with " punchers " . They have the equalizer. With Tank, he's also a southpaw. And he's not just landing a lucky punch. He setting his power punches up with jabs and hooks, uppercuts, the whole arsenal. In a way, we the fans have overrated him. But I think he's being brought along perfectly. It's now, and only now, that's he's ready for anybody. He's a beast, and as he says, he's crackin. At 135 , right now, I believe the best 3 are Loma, Lopez , and Tank. Josh Taylor at 140 ? I think Tank knocks him out. Too fast and hits too hard for Taylor. Tank has got a concrete chin too. Crippling punching power and a concrete chin, stamina and a southpaw. Nevermind the fact he's got the animal/ destroyer mentality also. If he's motivated and serious, he's danger for all the top dogs.
                    Last edited by breeto80; 06-27-2021, 03:19 PM.
                    mgame mgame landotter landotter like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X