Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Julio Cesar Martinez To Fight in September, Unification The Goal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Julio Cesar Martinez To Fight in September, Unification The Goal

WBC flyweight world champion Julio Cesar Martinez retained to action with a sixth round stoppage win over Joel Cordova at the Dome Alcalde - CODE Jalisco in Guadalajara, Mexico.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Who cares ,let’s see if that’s what actually happens

Comment

I don't see unification happening anytime soon. Sunny is with Queensberry and will soon have a mandatory, Dalakian has been inactive for over a year and will want a tune-up, and Nakatani has a title defense in September.

I'm expecting JCM vs. Arroyo or Rodriguez.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 06-27-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        I don't see unification happening anytime soon. Sunny is with Queensberry and will soon have a mandatory, Dalakian has been inactive for over a year and will want a tune-up, and Nakatani has a title defense in September.

I'm expecting JCM vs. Arroyo or Rodriguez.
        Yeah, a 'unification' match with Arroyo followed by Dalakian seems like the most likely outcome. Plus it would let the Estrada / Chocalito and SSR / Cuadras fights play out. Then JCM steps up to fight the winner.
        kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatMalenko View Post

Yeah, a 'unification' match with Arroyo followed by Dalakian seems like the most likely outcome. Plus it would let the Estrada / Chocalito and SSR / Cuadras fights play out. Then JCM steps up to fight the winner.
          That's right what happened to Martinez's title defense against McWilliams Arroyo?
          He was scheduled to fight against Arroyo, and then Martinez pulled out of that fight.
          Soon after pulling out of their fight, he stated that looked forward to fighting him.
          Arroyo still fought on that scheduled card, and won the interim belt that Martinez wasn't able to defend.
          Then Martinez needed a tune up fight to get ready to fight Arroyo, why did he need a tune up fight?
          Arroyo would've probably tuned him up enough if they had fought when they were supposed to.
          Well that warm up fight just happened, and now he doesn't even mention Arroyo's name.
          It appears that Martinez never wanted to fight Arroyo, out of fear that he'll lose to him.
          If he doesn't fight Arroyo next, he should be completely stripped of the title, and Arroyo should be elevated
          from interim, to full champion status.
          McWilliams Arroyo has 2 losses on his record that should've been wins, one of those losses was for a title.
          Arroyo has been screwed around enough already, it's about time that he be given the opportunity to fight for
          the recognition of world champion.
          Last edited by Boricua181; 06-27-2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I’d really love to see Martinez unify against Nakatani. Hearn needs to co-sign him just like did with Kyoguchi.

Comment

Working...
            X