Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Everyone is Waiting For Rematch With Lopez - Let's Make It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Everyone is Waiting For Rematch With Lopez - Let's Make It!

Former three division world champion Vasiliy Lomachenko is looking for payback. Returning for the first time since last October's twelve round decision loss to Teofimo Lopez, Lomachenko beat down and stopped Nakatani in the ninth round of a lightweight main event Saturday at The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

If i'm Teo, I would rather have Tank Davis or Jose Ramirez @ 140! Josh Taylor is the ultimate Prize, but he's fighting Catterall next. Davis and Ramirez will be just as big, if not bigger event, and no worries about making 135! Time to move up in 2022!

Comment

ESPN's promotion last night was shameful. They had Loma looking Deontay Wilder with all that whining about how it was a draw and his shoulder being injured...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        If i'm Teo, I would rather have Tank Davis or Jose Ramirez @ 140! Josh Taylor is the ultimate Prize, but he's fighting Catterall next. Davis and Ramirez will be just as big, if not bigger event, and no worries about making 135! Time to move up in 2022!
        Dont nobody wanna see teofimo fighting ramirez coming off a loss.

Tank? Ok
        Taylor? Ok
        Haney? Ok

Ramirez? Hell no

Comment

Originally posted by Unidentified View Post
          ESPN's promotion last night was shameful. They had Loma looking Deontay Wilder with all that whining about how it was a draw and his shoulder being injured...
          You gotta be ******ed to compare the two. The performance last night proves it.
          eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Lomachenko is the biggest name at 135 period. Him vs any of the other guys there make for the biggest fights. The 3 biggest fights at Lightweight in my humble opinion is:

Lomachenko vs Tank
            Lomachenko vs Teo 2
            Teo vs Tank

All 3 are PPV fights. And all 3 are truly the biggest. Yeah you can throw guys like Garcia or Haney in there, and you know what, against any of the 3 I mentioned, it will make for good fights.
            Anyone of them vs Haney is a big fight. Any one of them vs Ryan Garcia is a big fight. Throw 140 pound Josh Taylor in the mix and you have a few more possibilities. It's hard to gage where any potential match up with Taylor sizes up. I still think the 3 fights/fighters I mentioned are still bigger matches fighting each other than if any of them fought Taylor.

Taylor is a big match up for Teo, both undisputed and 1 weight class apart
            Taylor is a big match up for Tank simply because Tank just fought at 140 and he makes it exciting with anyone.
            Taylor is big for Loma too, I just dont see it as much. Loma lil at 135, he'll look like Hasbulla fighting Josh Taylor.

Taylor is also a huge fight for Terence Crawford should he decide to move up to 147.

Sky's the limit with boxing. We need to start seeing some marquee match ups instead of just seeing showcase fights that sometimes turn out to be good for the fans

Comment

Personally I’d rather see Tank vs Garcia so Garcia can get stretched and removed from the picture, and Lopez vs Haney so that we can get a true undisputed. Loma has been kind of an afterthought for me since the loss.

Comment

Why not pursue a fight with Haney for end of the year? There's demand there and I'm sure Hearn can muster up the funds to maoe it happen on DAZN
                megas30 megas30 likes this.

Comment

Teo's father just said that the rematch can be made right after the Kombosos fight but has to happen quickly because Teo will move up right afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    You mean:

Run away from Loma as fast as he can?
                    Me too!

Loma is going to decapitate that kid and they both know it.
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X