Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Janibek Alimkhanuly: I Showed The World What 'Qazaq Style' is About in Stopping Brant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Janibek Alimkhanuly: I Showed The World What 'Qazaq Style' is About in Stopping Brant

The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas - The middleweight division has a new boogeyman, and his name his Janibek "Qazaq Style" Alimkhanuly. The 2016 Olympian dominated and ultimately stopped former world champion Rob Bravo" Brant in eight rounds to retain his WBC Continental Americas and WBO Global titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Solid performance actually, although it's hard to know quite what to take from it. Rob was like a deer in headlights but it's hard to be sure whether that was more about Brant being overated on the back of his singular decent win over Murata back in '18 than about Janibek's ability. Technically it looked a very sound performance though and I'm inclined to put Alimkhanuly's struggle against Alexander down to the styles clash.... anyways, decent step up for the Kazakh - on paper at least.

Comment

Janibek looks like he could become a multi-belt middleweight champion in a few years if he's not too avoided and gets his chances. Looks solid as hell.

Comment

Really impressed me I think he's a future world champion , at the very least a top 10 middle for years to come.

Comment

My first time seeing him, and I enjoyed the performance. A good counter-puncher, but I'm glad Buddy instructed him to step on the gas because Brant looked out of his depth.
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            Solid performance actually, although it's hard to know quite what to take from it. Rob was like a deer in headlights but it's hard to be sure whether that was more about Brant being overated on the back of his singular decent win over Murata back in '18 than about Janibek's ability. Technically it looked a very sound performance though and I'm inclined to put Alimkhanuly's struggle against Alexander down to the styles clash.... anyways, decent step up for the Kazakh - on paper at least.
            Exactly how I feel on this one. Brant had some hype heading into the WBSS and got outboxed by Braehmer. His sole quality win was against Murata who I don't think particularly high of. Janibek looks very solid, technically sound and heavy handed. I'd like to see him in with someone who would be willing to engage a little more. I doubt it will happen but Janibek versus Gongora would be very exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Exactly how I feel on this one. Brant had some hype heading into the WBSS and got outboxed by Braehmer. His sole quality win was against Murata who I don't think particularly high of. Janibek looks very solid, technically sound and heavy handed. I'd like to see him in with someone who would be willing to engage a little more. I doubt it will happen but Janibek versus Gongora would be very exciting fight.
              That'd be super cool actually... they could market it as 'Kazakh (or 'Qazaq' I guess) Revenge' or somesuch

That said Gongora made a real fan of me his last coupla fights, I reckon he might be a bit too much for Janibek, although of course that's precisely why fights like this need to happen.

Comment

Very good performance in a step up from Janibek, think a fight with Falcao is a good match to make for TR, would be a perfect co main on a big card

Comment

Might benefit from 1-2 more development fights but he looks good and close to ready. Liam Williams or Montiel could be good for him next.

Comment

Jagshemash! Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                    X