Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gabe Rosado: I Think Fury Has Wilder's Number, Might Be a Devastating Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gabe Rosado: I Think Fury Has Wilder's Number, Might Be a Devastating Knockout

Super middleweight contender Gabe Rosado is expecting Tyson Fury to blast out Deontay Wilder in their upcoming trilogy fight on July 24 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think it will be a violent fight. I predict Fury breaks Wilder down and knocks him out, although it will likely take more than one punch.

If Wilder gets an upset win, he would also need more than one big right hand.

If we think about it, they fought 19 rounds and Wilder won maybe 4 rounds. That points to Fury having his number, but of course the intrigue is there because of Deontay's right hand danger.

Comment

Wilder will always have that puncher's chance but Wilder is TERRIFIED of Fury. He shouldn't be going into the ring in his current state of mind tbh.

I can't see anything but a Fury win by KO/TKO, probably quicker than last time, followed by more claims of cheating and shenanigans by a minority of racist Wilder fans and more excuses from Wilder. Probably alien abduction because that's the only excuse that he hasn't used so far.

I notice that none of these interviews that Wilder has done have asked Wilder whether he has any current injury concerns, but then again before the last two fights he was asked the same thing and he claimed that he was at 100% before coming out with a long list of injuries afterwards.
      joeybstts joeybstts likes this.

Comment

It’s intersting how differently wilder and fury have been treated when it comes to perceived mental health crisis. Fury gained a couple hundred lbs, b came a crackhead, spewed anti-Semitic quotes, went after gays etc, and people were sympathetic to him. Many folks on here state that wilder is now in mental health crisis however he gets NONE of that nurturing support….as the 80s comic Arsenio Hall used to say, “things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm….”

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          It’s intersting how differently wilder and fury have been treated when it comes to perceived mental health crisis. Fury gained a couple hundred lbs, b came a crackhead, spewed anti-Semitic quotes, went after gays etc, and people were sympathetic to him. Many folks on here state that wilder is now in mental health crisis however he gets NONE of that nurturing support….as the 80s comic Arsenio Hall used to say, “things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm….”
          Has Wilder admitted he has a mental health issue? Come on lad, you know that in today's society you need your moment of contrition and/or need to claim the fact you are a victim of something before you can gain sympathy for it.

Fury claimed he had substance abuse and mental health issues. He had his moment of contrition and claimed to be a victim as well. So far for Wilder, all he's told us is that he was a victim of skulduggery and shenanigans (costume, corner, water bottle, gloves, egg weights, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Has Wilder admitted he has a mental health issue? Come on lad, you know that in today's society you need your moment of contrition and/or need to claim the fact you are a victim of something before you can gain sympathy for it.

Fury claimed he had substance abuse and mental health issues. He had his moment of contrition and claimed to be a victim as well. So far for Wilder, all he's told us is that he was a victim of skulduggery and shenanigans (costume, corner, water bottle, gloves, egg weights, etc).
            Point being that wilder has not even destroyed his health or attacked religions, gays, told women to stay at home etc etc. Personally I don’t see this wilder in crisis jazz at all. I think he is quite lucid and coherent. He isn’t a crack addict note has he ever pyssed hot for performance enhancers and used excuses like I ate some wild boar. It’s the difference in perception and fan response I find interesting. Great song by the Stones back in the day, it was called Sympathy for the Devil…..

Comment

“Has Wilder admitted he has a mental health issue? Come on lad, you know that in today's society you need your moment of contrition and/or need to claim the fact you are a victim of something before you can gain sympathy for it.

Fury claimed he had substance abuse and mental health issues. He had his moment of contrition and claimed to be a victim as well. So far for Wilder, all he's told us is that he was a victim of skulduggery and shenanigans (costume, corner, water bottle, gloves, egg weights, etc”

When has Fury unconditionally apologized - or shown!”, to use your words, real “contrition” - for his hurtful comments about women, gays etc.? I notice that you glossed over that part and shifted quickly into attacking Wilder.
              Rapscallion Rapscallion likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                I think it will be a violent fight. I predict Fury breaks Wilder down and knocks him out, although it will likely take more than one punch.

If Wilder gets an upset win, he would also need more than one big right hand.

If we think about it, they fought 19 rounds and Wilder won maybe 4 rounds. That points to Fury having his number, but of course the intrigue is there because of Deontay's right hand danger.
                Marquez and Manny fought 42 rounds.

Manny arguably won more rounds than Marquez.

But you saw what happened.

Ruiz and Joshua fought - what - 17 rounds? Of which Joshua won more. But we need to look at the fact that Joshua was still getting wrecked in that rematch anytime he got close.

Duran and Leonard fought 32 rounds, with Leonard winning at least 20. But again, Leonard won rounds when he avoided danger and lost rounds when he engaged. Compare that with Hearns against Duran, where it was obvious who the better fighter was, regardless of fight strategy.

My point is, everyone seems to be overlooking the joker: sometimes it's got nothing to do with rounds and everything to do with a fighter not showing up on a certain night.
                Rapscallion Rapscallion likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

​​​​​​OH no don't try to clean it up. Fury is a known cheat, a racist, and a sexist but Wilder is hated because he highlighted problems in this country. He was hated way before glove gate

It's just like there wasn't a tear shedded for black communities when crack was a wildfire but today we need to show sympathy and provide Narcan for those addicted to opioids.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post
                    When has Fury unconditionally apologized - or shown!”, to use your words, real “contrition” - for his hurtful comments about women, gays etc.? I notice that you glossed over that part and shifted quickly into attacking Wilder.
                    My intention isn't to defend Fury or to target Wilder. It's to point out the difference in approach to handling their respective "crisis" in relation to society today. I don't particularly like either Fury or Wilder (or AJ for that matter) and find myself pulling for their opponents in fights.

Fury has said many reprehensible things and conveniently took a hiatus in his career and I certainly question the veracity of his contrition. I think he and his team have done a very good job at public relations to pivot the conversation.

Wilder has also made some questionable statements, but I will say he's the one HW I would least suspect of PEDs. I think Wilder handled the PR of his loss poorly by placing blame on everything except himself. Had he crafted a better narrative he would have painted a more sympathetic picture of himself.

As for AJ, who knows, his image is so devoid of actual substance it's hard to tell. To me, everything about his persona seems manufactured to maximize profit.
                    Roj Roj likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X