Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Name Me One 130-Pounder That Could Actually Do What Tank's Doing Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Name Me One 130-Pounder That Could Actually Do What Tank's Doing Saturday Night

ATLANTA - Leonard Ellerbe accepts that most of Gervonta Davis' doubters will never be satisfied with what he does in a boxing ring. The CEO for Mayweather Promotions still couldn't help but remind them during an open workout Wednesday night at the College Football Hall of Fame that the undefeated Davis will attempt something highly unusual Saturday night. The significantly shorter southpaw will move up two weight classes - from the junior lightweight limit of 130 pounds to the junior welterweight maximum of 140 pounds - to challenge another undefeated fighter, Mario Barrios, for his WBA world super lightweight title at State Farm Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

valdez, berchelt, stevenson, herring...

Comment

Very simple. We (the great boxing public) never wanted him to step up to 140 to fight a low calibre opponent, we wanted him to stay at 135 & fight a high calibre opponent. How hard is that to understand? Put in simple terms, we don't want no Barrios ****. We want Tank v Hainey, Lopez, Lomachenko or, (unlikely I admit) Garcia.End of.

Comment

Ellerbe says anything to sell a fight, no matter how dumb he sounds. Everybody knows this fight is a joke.
        BoloShot BoloShot likes this.

Comment

^ ^ both very disrespectful to barrios, you might be eating your words later on tonight.
          kjeeze941 kjeeze941 likes this.

Comment

Golden days: Benitez beat Palomino, Leonard beat Benitez, Duran beat Leonard then Leonard beat Duran, Hearns beat Cuevas, Leonard beat Hearns, Hearns beat Benitez, Hearns beat Duran, they all stepped up to 160 & fought Hagler! The best men fought the best & that is why we loved them. There are so many talented guys at 135 & 147 & they keep being held back & from a fight-fan's view point it is annoying, but from the fighter's view it must be devastating. Your career won't go on forever, probably it'll be finished when you are 35, you're going to have a long time retired & a longer time dead. Why are the promoters refusing to make the fights that matter?

Comment

Do what? Duck everyone at 135 so he can fight the weakest link at 140? Ellerbe is such a ph@g!
              BaguMka BaguMka likes this.

Comment

Shenmue 'OK, I would never, knowingly disrespect a fighter, I'm sorry if I came over that way, BUT there are levels & I suspect Tank is a few levels above Barrios. That is why I'd far rather see him in against Hainey, Lopez, Lomachenko

Comment

For one, he hasn't done anything yet, and secondly, why is he a 5-1 favorite if he's facing such a threat?
                  BaguMka BaguMka likes this.

Comment

Weight hopping is a marketing tool. "3 weight world champion" sounds great on the surface, especially if you ignore the politics and resume.

Comment

Working...
                    X