Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I'd Rather Be Between 130 & 135; Go Up To 140 If The Fight's Right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: I'd Rather Be Between 130 & 135; Go Up To 140 If The Fight's Right

Gervonta Davis has felt comfortable competing against bigger sparring partners in the gym these past couple months. The 130-pound and 135-pound champion admits, though, that he doesn't know exactly what to expect when, without headgear and while wearing smaller gloves, he encounters a significantly taller, heavier opponent Saturday night. Whatever happens when he meets Mario Barrios in their 12-round, 140-pound title fight at State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Davis would prefer to return to the lightweight division or even the junior lightweight limit after he battles Barrios.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought he wanted to fight Regis Ptograis or Mikey? Those are BIG fights @ 140! MAN UP!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I thought he wanted to fight Regis Ptograis or Mikey? Those are BIG fights @ 140! MAN UP!

nah. He doesn't wanna fight mikey, regis, taylor, haney, lopez, lomachencko, russell jr.

He will only fight ryan, jo jo diaz or valdez

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

nah. He doesn't wanna fight mikey, regis, taylor, haney, lopez, lomachencko, russell jr.

He will only fight ryan, jo jo diaz or valdez
        Even those 3 might be to much of a risk
        Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

the right fight seems to be guys that suck or are fake champions
          Slicc Slicc likes this.

Comment

He refuses to pick a weight class because then there would be a clear and obvious opponent for him. He doesn’t want that.
            siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

I wish he cut down to 126.

Comment

So Barrios is the right fight at 140?
                siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Idec is full on 'tard. Davis aint a champ at 135.

Comment

Everyone that keeps saying that Tank is ducking the real champions is either a casual or just stupid!!! He's making the best fights out of what's available to him.
                    130: Valdez, Stevenson, Berchalt, Herring (Top Rank)
                    135: Lopez, Loma (Top Rank) Haney (Dazn) Garcia (GB)
                    140: Taylor, Ramirez (Top Rank)
                    I Never Lied I Never Lied likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X