No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis vs. Mario Barrios: Stats and Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis vs. Mario Barrios: Stats and Stakes

By Cliff Rold - The mission of the team around Gervonta Davis has been clear. Put butts in seats. Create a pay-per-view star. The former they've been doing with regularity in multiple stops across the United States. Last October, they made their first play for the latter and with pay-per-view the in-ring risk is escalating.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Squuuuaaaaaaaaaad boooooooomb

Comment

Fight ordered. Looking forward to it. The Texan had almost a 6 inch height advantage over Tank…..and a natural size advantage….will be interesting to see how or if he can overcome that.

Comment

It’s a cherry pick folks like Loma said who is this ?

Comment

Its a winnable fight for tank davis even w/ height n reach disadvantage don't believe he'll have trouble carrying punch power to 140 however would be a huge step back if barrios manage to pull it off, tank should win by mid round stoppage, now against top names in 140 should be different story lets wait n see

Comment

Is it just me or does this fight seem meh?

I can’t imagine who would buy this PPV over watching Loma Nakatani for free. Even if they were both PPV, I go with the Nakatani fight

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Fight ordered. Looking forward to it. The Texan had almost a 6 inch height advantage over Tank…..and a natural size advantage….will be interesting to see how or if he can overcome that.
              height doesnt matter. look when canelo fought fielding or smith. when you arent good you are just a bigger target

Comment

I'll be watching this for sure. Davis seems stuck with a weight issue which is forcing their hand, and thanks to the WBA's multiple 'titles' he's getting a shot at a trinket. I don't see Barrios winning this and Davis is stuck with the task of having to look great with no prizes for anything less. But Barrios is the very guy for Davis to look spectacular against, and in doing so propel home to bigger talents in the division.
                While I'm expecting him to win I'm looking forward to watching exactly how it plays out and Tank looking as good as we expect, because he has that undeniable exciting style.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                  Is it just me or does this fight seem meh?

I can’t imagine who would buy this PPV over watching Loma Nakatani for free. Even if they were both PPV, I go with the Nakatani fight
                  I'll be watching Lomachenko/Nakatani before Davis for sure. There's more intrigue in the Loma fight for me, but I'm interested enough in Davis' style to see how he gets the job done. Yes, it is a bit meh, and Barrios is the very guy to be holding that belt for Davis right now, but ultimately it has to be a stepping stone to a higher level for Davis, anything less than an A star performance followed by a step up in competition will do. He's chosen a tough track so he has to come up with the goods and follow up strong or at least make a very clear path to that. Would have been easier staying at a weight, cleaning it out and doing the same in the next step up. But he's on a bold path which piles on the pressure and expectation. Especially when he's PPV.
                  Do you think if his weight wasn't a problem he'd clean out the divisions decisively or he'd be jumping up to 140 anyway?
                  TheMyspaceDayz TheMyspaceDayz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverb View Post

I'll be watching Lomachenko/Nakatani before Davis for sure. There's more intrigue in the Loma fight for me, but I'm interested enough in Davis' style to see how he gets the job done. Yes, it is a bit meh, and Barrios is the very guy to be holding that belt for Davis right now, but ultimately it has to be a stepping stone to a higher level for Davis, anything less than an A star performance followed by a step up in competition will do. He's chosen a tough track so he has to come up with the goods and follow up strong or at least make a very clear path to that. Would have been easier staying at a weight, cleaning it out and doing the same in the next step up. But he's on a bold path which piles on the pressure and expectation. Especially when he's PPV.
                    Do you think if his weight wasn't a problem he'd clean out the divisions decisively or he'd be jumping up to 140 anyway?
                    I’m not sure Tank can clean out any division. With his hot headed temper and weight issues, I figure he’s one or two fights away from being exposed as “inconsistent”.

the power is there but I don’t see any of the other crucial factors in the building of a champion. Factors like heart, creativity, and intelligence,
                    Reverb Reverb likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X