Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: What I Learned Most From Lopez Fight Is I Can't Get That Time Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: What I Learned Most From Lopez Fight Is I Can't Get That Time Back

Vasiliy Lomachenko had plenty to say in the aftermath of his lightweight championship defeat to Teofimo Lopez. The most important lesson he took away from the fight is that there isn't else he can say that will change the outcome.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sore-Ass-Chenko, you should of learned about rematch-clauses, and how to score professional bouts.

Comment

"My goal is to be as active as possible but more importantly against the highest level of competition. It doesn’t matter where the fight takes place. What matters is that I’m fighting, the fans are back and I plan to win back my titles."

This is a good attitude to take.

Comment

it’s Loma’s fault anyways. He took out the rematch clause in the contract because he was so confident he’ll school Lopez. He got what he fçking deserve.
        War Room War Room likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
          it’s Loma’s fault anyways. He took out the rematch clause in the contract because he was so confident he’ll school Lopez. He got what he fçking deserve.
          None of Loma's fights had rematch clauses, it wasnt a Teofimo thing specifically.

I really hope Loma puts on great fights still

Comment

You can say what you want about Loma being a sore loser etc. but I love this guys attitude when it comes to competition . Guy clearly cares about legacy and being the best above all else . From the very start he wanted to make history by winning a title in his first pro fight , ever since he's been constantly taking on the best fighters he could get . I respect that . Wish more fighters this era had that kind of desire to not only be the best but prove it .

Comment

What I think he meant was he can't get those 1st 6 rounds back! The game is "hit-and-not-get-hit" Loma concentrated too much on the "not-get-hit!" Let's see how he does with Nakatani! If he's too cautious, then I think he should move down. Valdez vs. Loma @ 130 would be a good fight!
              BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
                You can say what you want about Loma being a sore loser etc. but I love this guys attitude when it comes to competition . Guy clearly cares about legacy and being the best above all else . From the very start he wanted to make history by winning a title in his first pro fight , ever since he's been constantly taking on the best fighters he could get . I respect that . Wish more fighters this era had that kind of desire to not only be the best but prove it .

yea thats a fact. Love him or hate him. He is a dog
                Boxing Goat Boxing Goat likes this.

Comment

LOMACHENKO WANTS TO BEAT NAKATANI EASIER THAN TEOFIMO DID

The 5-foot-11 Nakatani, who will own a four-inch height advantage and a significant reach advantage against Lomachenko, had fought all of his previous bouts in his native Japan when he arrived in Oxon Hill, Maryland, to fight Lopez in an IBF title elimination fight in July 2019.

He came into the fight as an unknown and left with a loss on his record but with ample respect from the boxing community. Although Lopez won a wide unanimous decision, Nakatani was very competitive throughout the encounter and gave Lopez the toughest fight of his career.

Nakatani (19-1, 13 KOs), 32, followed the loss by further proving his chops in December, when he rallied from two knockdowns to stop then-contender Verdejo in the ninth round.

Arum said that Lomachenko took note of Nakatani’s performance against Lopez and his win over Verdejo and wanted to fight him.

“Pretty much, because they both fought Teofimo,” Arum said of the reason for the match. “And because you can’t match Loma up with a normal guy. You have to match him with someone who is really good and Nakatani showed he belongs in the Loma fight and the fight he had with Verdejo was a classic...

Arum said it made no sense to get into it before Saturday’s fight.

“Let’s see how it turns out,” Arum said. “Maybe I sit with the father (and trainer Anatoly Lomachenko) and Egis and we say, ‘Hey, maybe it’s better off to go to 130. There’s a lot of action at 130 with (Oscar) Valdez, Shakur (Stevenson) and (Jamel) Herring. These 135s are a little too big.’

“Or, we say, ‘Hey, let’s go full speed ahead and see if we can make a Teofimo fight or a fight with (WBC titlist Devin) Haney. I’m happy for Loma to fight Haney. But I don’t even like discussing what if. There’s plenty of time. Ask me on Monday. Monday will be here soon.”

https://www.ringtv.com/623393-lomach...n-teofimo-did/

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post

None of Loma's fights had rematch clauses, it wasnt a Teofimo thing specifically.

I really hope Loma puts on great fights still
                    This one originally did. But Teo Sr. taunted Loma into taking it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X