Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lubin: I Want It More Than Rosario; I Know What I Have To Do To Get Him Out Of There

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lubin: I Want It More Than Rosario; I Know What I Have To Do To Get Him Out Of There

ATLANTA - Erickson Lubin had no interest in a tune-up fight. Lubin is already the WBC's number one contender for one of Jermell Charlo's championships. He could've chosen a safer opponent as he attempts to remain in position for another shot at the WBC's 154-pound crown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This fight is 50-50. neither can afford to lose. both have power and have been knocked out. who dares to be great ?

Comment

I'd only favour Lubin because he has had more time to get over the mental trauma of being Ko'd. Also Rosario was beaten by Charlo whereas Lubin was clipped. Another thing - if it's close and goes to the cards (which I doubt) then Lubin has more upside being American and younger.

Comment

If reisario rumbles I think he’ll win Lubins chin is questionable

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
          If reisario rumbles I think he’ll win Lubins chin is questionable
          and rosarios isnt? hes been ko'd a couple times

Comment

rosario in all likely hood is not very good. people got hyped after he beat williams but people got hyped on williams after he beat hurd and its painfully obvious that hurd was done as done can be. rosario was supposed to be a tune up but williams himself isnt very good. rosario got ko'd by gallimore, draw vs mark hernandez(who is that?) and a SD vs jorge cota. thats a good sample size of bad fights.

Comment

What a stupid comment! How can anybody know if they want something more than somebody else?

Comment

Lubin used to be an offensive juggernaut before Charlo knocked him out cold. Now he has used the last few fights to fight more in control and has been more conservative. But he needs to put it all together and put more offense than he did vs Gausha. That fight he was just too passive and was out boxing Gausha every round but did not open up until the end. Gausha obviously will not press more than he has to so he was fine just staying in distance. Lubin will need to get Rosario's respect early on and make him hesitant coming in and then he can box him from the outside. In the rounds Rosario didn't get dropped, he won 4 of 5 rounds on judges card and 3 of 5 in other two judges cards vs Charlo. A few times he landed some flush shots that made Charlo hold on, and he never does that.

Lubin is the more talented fighter, but he's going to need to prove his chin is solid enough against these big punchers to ever truly be one of the top dogs of the division. I'll say he puts together a complete performance and uses his early career style mixed in his with his more defensive aware style as of late and wins a wide decision or gets a late stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                X