Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo is Like a Mayorga; He's Strong, But Power Doesn't Win Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo is Like a Mayorga; He's Strong, But Power Doesn't Win Fights

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya has continued his war of words with Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. De La Hoya was the longtime promoter of Canelo, before the two sides were involved in a legal battle in 2020 and decided to part ways.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya has continued his war of words with Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. De La Hoya was the longtime promoter of Canelo, before the two sides were involved in a legal battle in 2020 and decided to part ways.

I need Oscar to make up his mind. When Canelo was signed to Golden Boy he was the best thing since sliced bread and would fight anybody. Now he has all kinds of flaws and avoids people. You are contradicting yourself fishnets.

Comment

De La Hoya is losing all credibility and respect, he needs to get off the white horse. I know Canelo won't take part in it but part of me wants him to knock De La Hoya the FO. Lessons need to be learned here.
      mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

This coke head needs to understand that the prime of a fighter is the prime of a fighter smh let alone speak nonsense of the #1 pound for pound fighter

Comment

He's right that the competition was much stronger back then.

But no, Mayorga is not nearly as accomplished a fighter as Canelo.

I prefer a prime De La Hoya over Canelo, but rather drop the beef with Canelo, no pun intended.

Canelo is a fine fighter, one of the best ever from Mexico if not the best, give him his credit.
          charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Hard to tell if he's trolling or not. Oscar's trying to sell his fight in September, you expect him to say outlandish things to get attention. I expect his fight to get decent numbers comparable to Canelo's.

​​​​​​

Comment

These two are on a collision course if Oscar wins his exhibition and looks decent doing it. No doubt.

Comment

I agree. If canelo was in the same era he'd be at the same level as mayorga. Proven by him getting gifts against lara and golovkin. No to mention all the catchweights, same day weigh in, and rehydration clauses he imposed. What a diva
                eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  ———-
                  Oscar is such an attention loving whöre and no different from Don King orArum.
                  When he fought Floyd he was the A side, we get that BUT he literally set every demand to give him every advantage (Ring size, glove size, ref, judges, purse split, rehydration clause etc) and still lost. He then makes up lies about Floyd choosing when to fight him and others.
                  He criticizes Floyd for fighting Connor then wants to fight Connor.
                  He was up Canelo’s ass for years until Canelo left him. He shíts on Floyd for fighting Mosley, Guerrero, Ortiz, Marquez, Cotto etc YET he was the co-promoter of all those fights. Floyd let him make money off his fights and this ungrateful coke sniffing cross dressing gender unidentifiable anus of a man rags on Floyd all the time. And now he does the same to Canelo without any provocation.
                  What a turd!
                  mgame mgame icee icee like this.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
                    I agree. If canelo was in the same era he'd be at the same level as mayorga. Proven by him getting gifts against lara and golovkin. No to mention all the catchweights, same day weigh in, and rehydration clauses he imposed. What a diva
                    Not sure Canelo beats Forrest, and Spinks easily.....Canelo has been struggling with brothers from Floyd to Lara, shot mosley to Tyner

Comment

Working...
                    X