Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Montiel: I Definitely Earned Another Opportunity; Proved I Belong In Major Leagues Of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Montiel: I Definitely Earned Another Opportunity; Proved I Belong In Major Leagues Of Boxing

Juan Macias Montiel realizes he didn't come close to beating Jermall Charlo on Saturday night. Montiel still feels that he legitimized himself as a middleweight contender by pushing the unbeaten WBC champion at times during their 12-round title fight. Going the distance was a victory of sorts for the determined Mexican underdog, whom Charlo went off as a 30-1 favorite to defeat in their Showtime Championship Boxing main event at Toyota Center in Houston
    [Click Here To Read More]

You definitely acquitted yourself well young man and I hope pbc brings you back
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Did not embarrass himself. Was outclassed, but was willing to try and fight. No, he does not belong in the "top class", but as far as earning himself respect that deserves a shot against the next level down? Absolutely. No one will turn the TV off if he gets on the undercard of a top fight. That is what he should be shooting for, a co-main event.

Comment

This dude is trash. Mall got a lot of heat for taking this fight so he decided to raise the stakes and fight Montiel's fight. Montiel fights like an amateur on his third day learning. The only thing he has going is his heart. Against a B level opponent who's disciplined will make him look like Mayorga when he fought Spinks.

Comment

Working...
        X