Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo-Montiel Viewership Highest For Showtime Boxing Broadcast During Pandemic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charlo-Montiel Viewership Highest For Showtime Boxing Broadcast During Pandemic

More viewers watched Jermall Charlo's tougher-than-expected victory over Juan Macias Montiel than any boxing match Showtime has televised during the COVID-19 pandemic.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF

I've been saying that for years, yet everyone called me a liar. Shockingly, nobody has apologized.
    Called you a liar regarding what? Everyone knows these are just the TV numbers and not the streaming numbers. I've only seen FOX release streaming and FOX Deportes numbers for certain cards.
    PeepeePoopooMan PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

Comment

3 PBC showtime cards have totaled about 700k looks like they will hit 1 million total as predicted.
      PeepeePoopooMan PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

Comment

"B-b-b-but dis fight a mismatch, doe! Y'all stupid for een (even) watching it cuz Montiel got knocked out already and Charlo duckin' everybody cuz he scared to lose his belt." - NSB

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
          "B-b-b-but dis fight a mismatch, doe! Y'all stupid for een (even) watching it cuz Montiel got knocked out already and Charlo duckin' everybody cuz he scared to lose his belt." - NSB
          333k is much to brag about. Dont know what your gloating about. All this will do is encourage pbc to continue its mismatches against mexican taxi drivers to make da black man look good.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF

I've been saying that for years, yet everyone called me a liar. Shockingly, nobody has apologized.
            Does that even matter? Aren't you pro haymon morons always shltting on dazn saying "nobody streams fights" and yet here you are acting like it got more views from streaming than people actually tuning in.

Comment

For Showtime those are very good ratings

End up being a very good fight especially late

Comment

I thought it was gonna be 500-600k from the title of the article. Instead it's only 330k which is still not good and not that much of an improvement on these recent showtime numbers. But the youtube pbc highlight video for Charlo-Montiel is almost at a million so that's a good sign.

Comment

Best numbers since the pandemic, if anything the pandemic would have served for more views considering that people were locked in their homes most of what they were doing was watching tv. The problem is nobody is getting excited for the mostly trash Showtime cards. This is the guy who says Canelo has to come to 160 to fight him can't even get 500k people to watch his fights. Charlo better keep his mouth shut after this, poor numbers and poor performance against a lay up of an opponent does not help. Canelo, Beni and probably even Andrade handle him.

Comment

What exactly was the appeal to this fight? Are people not interested in better match ups? Also, did PBC ever release the Charlo PPV numbers? Honestly don’t recall if they did

Comment

Working...
                    X