Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: Let's See If Andrade Can Beat Dude I Just Fought & Then We'll Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: Let's See If Andrade Can Beat Dude I Just Fought & Then We'll Talk

Jermall Charlo imitated Canelo Alvarez when the topic of meeting Demetrius Andrade in a title unification fight came up at his post-fight press conference early Sunday morning.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's time to unify Jermall or move up to 168 if Canelo decides to fight Plant on the PBC in September.

Comment

I respect all who are prize fighters, it's the toughest sport in the world.

But, when one is a world champion or at a high level, of course we as fans critique. Charlo shouldn't say, let's see how Andrade does against Montiel.

No, he should say he wants to get the Wbo belt and beat Andrade. I do get that it might be a bit of an ugly fight stylistically; and Demetrius isn't a smooth Whitaker or Leonard type boxer, or even Mayweather, who wasn't exactly a mass crowd pleaser.

However, even if an opponent isn't the biggest attraction box office wise, the fact that he's an unbeaten champion should make you want to go and fight him and win.

I'm sure many wanted to avoid Whitaker, and the likes of Lara when he was in his prime, but they fought them.

Mayweather wasn't exactly someone they were keen on fighting, but he did provide good numbers at the pay-per views, so they fought him.

A true champion fights all, and credit to Canelo, he took on Lara when Erislandy was more avoided. He took on the stylistically tough opponents, such as Floyd of course.

I do understand it's also a business, they want to make the most money, get out with their health intact and enjoy life away from boxing.

But fight the best and then at least look back on a solid career.
      Last edited by Liondw; 06-21-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Munguia knocked him out in 2, are you going to talk to him?.....

Comment

I believe Andrade can beat Charlo. Styles make fights and it's worth seeing IMO. I'm not sure why Charlo would wanna see Andrade beat another low level guy to prove he is worthy of unifying though. That wasnt supposed to be a 12 round fight. According to everyone that spoke on it including myself it should have been a highlight reel knockout win for Charlo. Either we all underestimated Montiel or Charlo isnt as good as thought.....

Comment

Between Mungia, Charlo, and Andrade, something has to give. Some combination of these fighters should be fighting next.

Comment

Bro, he another belt holder in the division, not some up and coming prospect. If you don't want to fight him, just say so and keep it pushing. Damn!

Comment

50 -50 fight for me.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  Between Mungia, Charlo, and Andrade, something has to give. Some combination of these fighters should be fighting next.
                  Unfortunately, nothing is going to change unless Andrade moves up because Charlo and Munguia are terrified of Andrade for some reason

Comment

Come on....is there any doubt that Andrade beats Montiel? It just sounds like stalling
                    charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X