Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Isaac Cruz: Francisco Vargas Held More Often, We Couldn't Counter That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Isaac Cruz: Francisco Vargas Held More Often, We Couldn't Counter That

Toyota Center, Texas - A battle between power-punching Mexico City natives, saw 23-year-old top lightweight contender Isaac Cruz (22-1-1, 15 KOs) score a wide unanimous decision over former champion Francisco Vargas (27-3-2, 19 KOs). The official scores were 100-89, 99-90 and 97-92.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cruz is an entertaining young fighter but he is as dirty as they come. Referees need to be more assertive with his head usage

Comment

Bandido was holding to keep Cruz from using his head to poleaxe his face.

Very disappointing that the athletic commission decided to use such an inexperienced and subpar ref for that fight knowing the styles of both fighters.

Comment

Ref stunk up the joint. I think the doctor wanted to stop fight after headbittt and ref said “come on man, let him finish “ then proceeded to call a kd after a clear slip imo

Comment

This one was a letdown. Not so much that my guy lost, but that Vargas was fighting to survive. Thought he might turn back the clock and bring it to the young buck. Turns out Rosado was the old vet dog of the day at twice as long of odds. It was a pretty nasty foul-filled fight though and I'm still not so impressed by Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
            This one was a letdown. Not so much that my guy lost, but that Vargas was fighting to survive. Thought he might turn back the clock and bring it to the young buck. Turns out Rosado was the old vet dog of the day at twice as long of odds. It was a pretty nasty foul-filled fight though and I'm still not so impressed by Cruz.
            Vargas shouldn't be at 135. Love the guy just for the wars with Salido and Miura but he ain't got the style or the firepower to make it at the weight.

I don't like Cruz. Comes to fight but he likes to use his head too much. i want to see him against Tank.

Comment

Cruz was fighting dirty for sure; referee probably should have warned Vargas for the holding as well, it started pretty early on too... may have opened up the fight a bit...ref still would have had his hands full though.

Vargas was right in saying that Cruz gets anxious and frustrated when things don't go his way, he just didn't have enough to take advantage. The jab was working, right hand wasn't sharp and didn't see all those sick uppercuts he used to throw. oh well

Cruz is a mean little guy though, I do like guy who will fight out of clinch and do whatever it takes to get his punches off but he was doing the most, it was obvious fouling. Ref was useless

Last two fights haven't been so-so, maybe too anxious and it's ruining some of the better work seen in the Magdaleno fight.
              Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 06-20-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                Cruz was fighting dirty for sure; referee probably should have warned Vargas for the holding as well, it started pretty early on too... may have opened up the fight a bit...ref still would have had his hands full though.

Vargas was right in saying that Cruz gets anxious and frustrated when things don't go his way, he just didn't have enough to take advantage. The jab was working, right hand wasn't sharp and didn't see all those sick uppercuts he used to throw. oh well

Cruz is a mean little guy though, I do like guy who will fight out of clinch and do whatever it takes to get his punches off but he was doing the most, it was obvious fouling. Ref was useless

Last two fights haven't been so-so, maybe too anxious and it's ruining some of the better work seen in the Magdaleno fight.
                The truth is that while Cruz is physical strong and has heavy hands he isn’t a one shot ko type of guy at the high level. He fights in a way to swarm his opposition. It’s about time we saw him in with a legit top contender

Comment

the doctor should have stopped that fight. that was a bad cut. the ref shouldnt have second guessed the dr. dr said no and the ref ask are you sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X