Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo Fights Off a Very Game Juan Macias Montiel For Unanimous Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo Fights Off a Very Game Juan Macias Montiel For Unanimous Decision

By Keith Idec - An awkward, courageous underdog surprisingly took Jermall Charlo the distance Saturday night. Charlo hurt Juan Macias Montiel in the fifth and sixth rounds, but a resilient Montiel survived those troublesome moments, rallied at times and made it to the final bell in a 12-round fight in which he was a huge underdog. Charlo clearly won, but his game Mexican opponent performed admirably against the heavily favored 160-pound champion in front of Charlo's hometown fans at Toyota Center in Houston.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-19-2021, 11:14 PM.

Unbeaten WBC Middleweight World Champion Jermall Charlo went face-to-face with the hard-hitting Juan Macias Montiel Friday during the official weigh-in before they meet live on SHOWTIME this Saturday, June 19 from Toyota Center in Houston headlining a Premier Boxing Champions event. (photos by Esther Lin)

Friday's weigh-in also featured rising lightweight contender Isaac Cruz and former world champion Francisco Vargas, who meet in the 10-round co-main event, plus former super bantamweight world champion Angelo Leo and Mexican contender Aaron Alameda, who battle in the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast opener at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.

Comment

War Cruz Gonzalez!

Comment

Ring Magazine reported Punisher (Kudratillo Abdukakhorov) was on this card, but it's not listed on Boxrec or the PBC website anymore. Does anyone know what's going on?

Rest of the card is straight ass. Gonzalez vs Vargas interests me, but this is by far the worst of the four cards on today.
        Last edited by _Rexy_; 06-19-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

WAR Charlo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Ring Magazine reported Punisher (Kudratillo Abdukakhorov) was on this card, but it's not listed on Boxrec or the PBC website anymore. Does anyone know what's going on?

Rest of the card is straight ass. Gonzalez vs Vargas interests me, but this is by far the worst of the four cards on today.
            Cody Crowley vs Gabriel Maestre was supposed to be on this card too but they moved it for the 3rd time to the Casimero now Donaire fight in Carson in August.

Was originally supposed to be on Nery Figs cards. Wonder why keeps getting rescheduled.. Maybe they want more eyes on it. Honestly think Crowley getting stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              War Cruz Gonzalez!
              El Bandido gonna put down that lil Pitbull pup! WAR BOXING

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Cody Crowley vs Gabriel Maestre was supposed to be on this card too but they moved it for the 3rd time to the Casimero now Donaire fight in Carson in August.

Was originally supposed to be on Nery Figs cards. Wonder why keeps getting rescheduled.. Maybe they want more eyes on it. Honestly think Crowley getting stopped.
                Yeah, I thought that was supposed to be tonight. Had me think I was going crazy when I double checked. And yeah, I like Cody. Met him a few times, but he's National level, not World IMO. Maestre is one of those 30 year amateurs, so he's a lot better than his record (3-0)
                Last edited by _Rexy_; 06-19-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

I think it's cuz Maestre is gonna fight in the Olympics

Comment

Vargas is my dude, I can't ****ing wait for that fight with Cruz
                    YoungManRumble YoungManRumble likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X