Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: I Didn't Overlook Montiel; I've Got No Chance To Make A Mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: I Didn't Overlook Montiel; I've Got No Chance To Make A Mistake

Jermall Charlo came in overweight Friday for a fight in his hometown, where distractions can take a fighter's focus from the task at hand. The WBC middleweight champion promised, however, that he hasn't taken the huge underdog he'll face Saturday night lightly. Charlo is consistently listed as a 33-1 favorite over Juan Macias Montiel, yet that didn't prevent him from preparing properly for their 12-round, 160-pound championship match at Toyota Center in Houston.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I have no doubt that Charlo trained hard for this fight and is taking his opponent seriously but I really don’t like that a champion of his frame failed to make weight the first time around. He looked terrible at the weigh in like he was totally drained, eyes sunken in…….I hope for his sake his opponent doesn’t turn out to be another Dave Tiberi….win, lose, or draw this should be his last middleweight fight
    Last edited by Oldskoolg; 06-19-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      I have no doubt that Charlo trained hard for this fight and is taking his opponent seriously but I really don’t like that a champion of his drama failed to make weight the first time around. He looked terrible at the weigh in like he was totally drained, eyes sunken in…….I hope for his sake his opponent doesn’t turn out to be another Dave Tiberi….win, lose, or draw this should be his last middleweight fight

fair points... but it was less than half-a-pound, and there are plenty of legitimate reasons why that could happen... at that level, and with his size, it all comes down to the last day

but yea... it could be time for his team to consider 168

Comment

Working...
      X