Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayer: Still A Lot Of Work To Be Done When It Comes To Equality In Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayer: Still A Lot Of Work To Be Done When It Comes To Equality In Boxing

No matter how far she elevates her own career, Mikaela Mayer will never stop beating the drum for gender equality in boxing. Great strides have been made in recent years, with top-level female boxing shown more than ever. Mayer will appear in one of three major title fights on U.S. soil this Saturday, as she defends her WBO junior lightweight title versus Argentina's Erica Farias. The bout airs live on ESPN from The Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, paired up with unbeaten three-division and reigning WBA/IBF bantamweight titlist Naoya Inoue (20-0, 17KOs) in a mandatory title defense.
    [Click Here To Read More]

She's losing tonight.

Farias is gonna bust her up

Comment

They need to put an all Womans card on ESPN and see how the ratings look . Best way to see what they should get paid.

If the ratings tank which most likely they will they just need to accept woman's boxing doesn't bring the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
        They need to put an all Womans card on ESPN and see how the ratings look . Best way to see what they should get paid.

If the ratings tank which most likely they will they just need to accept woman's boxing doesn't bring the numbers
        Excellent idea, I like it. But would definitely like to see 3 minute rounds and 12 round championship rounds. I’m certain that increases stoppages….from knockouts, injuries, and fatigue.
        Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Excellent idea, I like it. But would definitely like to see 3 minute rounds and 12 round championship rounds. I’m certain that increases stoppages….from knockouts, injuries, and fatigue.
          I think a better way to see more KO's exciting fights would be to be lower the glove sizes to 6oz-8oz instead of the 8oz-10oz they shouldn't be fighting with the same sizes as guys.

Just look at how much more devastating Shields punches looked in 4oz gloves , women's boxing would be a lot more exciting. Smaller gloves in my opinion is a big reason womans MMA is waaayyyyy more popular then Woman's boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post

I think a better way to see more KO's exciting fights would be to be lower the glove sizes to 6oz-8oz instead of the 8oz-10oz they shouldn't be fighting with the same sizes as guys.

Just look at how much more devastating Shields punches looked in 4oz gloves , women's boxing would be a lot more exciting. Smaller gloves in my opinion is a big reason womans MMA is waaayyyyy more popular then Woman's boxing
            I like it, would be nice to see the mangers, fighters, and promoters pushing for these changes

Comment

It has nothing to do with gender it’s can you sell PPV maybe fight naked or something so you can have 1 million buys

Comment

How about 3 minute rounds and 12 round championship fights. Put in the same work as the men to start. Pay will never be equal. Boxing $ comes from how many PPV buys, views, sponsors, ads, ticket sales, etc... you need to draw to earn the big $.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  It has nothing to do with gender it’s can you sell PPV maybe fight naked or something so you can have 1 million buys
                  I would watch some naked or even lingerie woman's boxing.
                  Luilun Luilun likes this.

Comment

Just like womens soccer and the WNBA, nobody is watching, not nearly as exciting. Sorry but it's true.
                    Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X