Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Replaces Rigondeaux, To Face Casimero In 118-Pound Unification Fight August 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire Replaces Rigondeaux, To Face Casimero In 118-Pound Unification Fight August 14

Eight years after Nonito Donaire's loss to Guillermo Rigondeaux, "The Filipino Flash" has replaced Rigondeaux in a big fight. BoxingScene.com has learned Donaire will face fellow Filipino champion John Riel Casimero in a bantamweight title unification fight August 14 at a site to be determined. Showtime will televise the 12-round bout between Donaire (41-6, 27 KOs), the WBC 118-pound champ, and Casimero (30-4, 21 KOs), the WBO titleholder, as the main event of a tripleheader.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow, don't know what happened with Rigo but sign me up for this! Then the winner can take on Inoue for the undisputed title in early 2022.

Donaire going back to back with Oubaali and Casimero is awesome. All timer at 118 and below!

Comment

Okay, I guess this makes some sense.

Rigo vs Russell or Rodriguez next makes sense.

Comment

Nonito ballsy as ever but seems like Rigo got screwed here. Not even pretending he has an injury or covid just taking the fight away from him.

Comment

I thought Rigo was the mandatory challenger. I hope he got some step aside money and guaranteed shot at the winner.

Comment

Yoh, I'm hype asf for this one. I don't really care who wins, so Ill be able to really enjoy the fight.

Comment

Good move, much better fight, Haymon is 100% behind Donaire and I like it.

Comment

Alleluia!!!
                Joeboxeo Joeboxeo likes this.

Comment

The big winners of this vs Inoue for all the marbles

Comment

Oh yeah that's ****ing good. I much prefer this unification bout. Inoue takes the winner
                    KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X