Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: GBP Prez: There Is A Reason Why Top Fighters - Including Canelo - Don't Want That Smoke With Munguia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: GBP Prez: There Is A Reason Why Top Fighters - Including Canelo - Don't Want That Smoke With Munguia

For as long as they remain the Jaime Munguia business, the staff at Golden Boy Promotions will never stop pursuing the goal of transforming the unbeaten Mexican into boxing's next big star. Tijuana's Munguia is given the opportunity to add to his credentials this weekend, as he returns to Texas for the third time in a scheduled 12-round battle with Poland's Kamil Szeremeta. The middleweight bout headlines a June 19 DAZN show from Don Haskins Center on the campus of The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), with hopes of moving towards a shot at becoming a two-division titlist by his next fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I get that it's his job to hype his fighters but Gomez is off his rocker with these statements. The legend of Jaime Munguia began when he beat a blown up welterweight in Saddam Ali for the 154lb title. Since then he's struggled with the likes of Hogan and Inoue. It took him 11 rounds to dispose of the same Spike that Lemieux butchered in 1. Taureano Johnson looked the better man until he lost half his lip.

Why doesn't Jaime fight Andrade? In my opinion, they hope they can keep Jaime undefeated and relevant until he cashes in against Canelo.
    AeroED AeroED SW Johnny SW Johnny like this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      I get that it's his job to hype his fighters but Gomez is off his rocker with these statements. The legend of Jaime Munguia began when he beat a blown up welterweight in Saddam Ali for the 154lb title. Since then he's struggled with the likes of Hogan and Inoue. It took him 11 rounds to dispose of the same Spike that Lemieux butchered in 1. Taureano Johnson looked the better man until he lost half his lip.

Why doesn't Jaime fight Andrade? In my opinion, they hope they can keep Jaime undefeated and relevant until he cashes in against Canelo.
      Munguia is so good that the NSAC would not allow Golovkin to fight him, fearing for Munguia's safety.

And TBH, I think I had the Inoue/Munguia fight a draw, or a very close win for Munguia. Inoue couldn't miss with that overhand right. If he had ANY power it would have been a win.
      AeroED AeroED likes this.

Comment

Too funny!!!
        AeroED AeroED likes this.

Comment

It would appear various renditions of the term “smoke” have made it into the boxing lexicon so far that execs are now saying it…

Comment

Yildirim 2.0 is probably the outcome. Smoke? Gomez
            definitely has been inhaling something.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Munguia ducked andrade

Comment

Lol...yea ok, Golovkin at 40yrs old would still wreck his ass. Mungia is the Middleweight version of Brandon Rios.
                AeroED AeroED SW Johnny SW Johnny like this.

Comment

I mean there's a difference between promoting your fighter and hyping him up and straight up blatant lying.

Comment

At his point, i favor Munguia against the old GGG. The Mexican is more hungry and much less worn

Comment

Working...
                    X