Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo Makes Weight, Will Defend WBC Belt Against Montiel; Alameda Still Overweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charlo Makes Weight, Will Defend WBC Belt Against Montiel; Alameda Still Overweight

Jermall Charlo came back to the scale a second time Friday afternoon and got it right. Charlo officially weighed in at 160 pounds, the middleweight limit for his 12-round title defense against Juan Macias Montiel on Saturday night in Houston. The 31-year-old Charlo weighed 160.4 pounds the first time he stepped on the Texas Combative Sports Program's scale.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm gonna guess Charlo isnt taking this fight very serious

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
      I'm gonna guess Charlo isnt taking this fight very serious
      at 33-1 odds - NOBODY is taking this mismatch seriously!

Comment

He looks terrible, completely drained. He really needs to move up to super middle after this fight. Ggg will never fight him neither will Munguia. Move the super middle where the big fights will happen. I vividly remember James Toney getting whipped by Dave Tiberi due to draining down too much

Comment

Weight cutting is not the easiest thing to do. How him and Boo Boo makes 160 is quite a surprise to me.

Comment

Gentlemen, I know many of
            you feel this is a walk in the park but looking at him there with those sunken in eyes and drained and exhausted look….the odds just moved towards his opponent. Charlo better get him out early….Charlo isn’t a guy who carries body fat in between fights and I saw what weight draining muscle and water did to Roy Jones’ punch resistance and legs when he moved from 197 back down to 175 after beating Ruiz….same thing happened to Chris Byrd as well when he went down to cruiser and light heavy

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              He looks terrible, completely drained. He really needs to move up to super middle after this fight. Ggg will never fight him neither will Munguia. Move the super middle where the big fights will happen. I vividly remember James Toney getting whipped by Dave Tiberi due to draining down too much
              Completely terrible.

I'm tempted to drop money on an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                Stop it, there is no polishing this turd. This fight is trash, I know you wont say so, given Charlo's skin color but lets not even pretend this a real fight. This is damn near D. Garcia vs. Salka level of disgusting brought to you by Al Haymon again.
                Bob Haymon Bob Haymon likes this.

Comment

I was gonna put a toss-away fiver on Montiel by KO anyway so I don't feel so bad about it now. Weekly sacrifice to the underdog KO gods,
                  Last edited by YoungManRumble; 06-18-2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Completely terrible.

I'm tempted to drop money on an upset.
                    I may as well, I’ve seen that look before. Fight just got more interesting

Comment

Working...
                    X