Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson Gives Arthur Edge To Win Anthony Yarde Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson Gives Arthur Edge To Win Anthony Yarde Rematch

CALLUM JOHNSON says it's "a gutter" not to be boxing alongside Light-Heavyweight rivals Lyndon Arthur and Anthony Yarde next month. WBO number one contender Arthur and Yarde return to the ring at London's Royal Albert Hall on Saturday July 10, live on BT Sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Johnson probably the best of the three but running out of time. Warren favours Yarde imo. If Yarde was ranked No 1 it's unlikely he would be proposing a rematch against a guy he's already beaten.

Comment

Yarde will wipe Arthur out. Arthur just scraped by, by running the whole fight. Yarde will make sure that doesn't happen again

Comment

Lions in the camp Yarde to get the win next time.

Comment

I thought Yarde won by a whisker and draw was fairer. Can’t really query the result . It showed exactly why Yarde was never put in with any other British level fighters previously

Comment

Completely wrong tactics from Yarde in the first fight, didn't really let his hands go until the last two rounds, was out of range for most of the fight, not really cutting the ring off but rather following Arthur around and didn't apply enough pressure, gave Arthur plenty of time and room to work with one arm.

I'm expecting Yarde to show more initiative and urgency, I expect him to win the rematch but let's not forget, Arthur was fighting with one arm in the first fight, this can still go either way.

I think Johnson knocks both out quite easily.
            !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
              Yarde will wipe Arthur out. Arthur just scraped by, by running the whole fight. Yarde will make sure that doesn't happen again
              Thought Arthur clearly outboxed Yarde despite being effectively one handed for most of the fight. Being a former world title contender and losing to a domestic level guy who basically only had his jab isn't a good look at all, in fact it's kind of pathetic. It'll probably happen again too unless Yarde has sacked his trainer, that guy doesn't have a goddamn clue

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post

Thought Arthur clearly outboxed Yarde despite being effectively one handed for most of the fight. Being a former world title contender and losing to a domestic level guy who basically only had his jab isn't a good look at all, in fact it's kind of pathetic. It'll probably happen again too unless Yarde has sacked his trainer, that guy doesn't have a goddamn clue
                I wouldn't sack him yet. See what happens in the rematch. Arthur is just making excuses for running by talking about his injured hand....

I think Yarde has reacted to the Kov defeat by trying to box too much and pace himself too much. He needs to be more aggressive again

Comment

Working...
                X