Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: Tony Yoka Needs To Do The Work To Get in Position To Challenge Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: Tony Yoka Needs To Do The Work To Get in Position To Challenge Me

Joe Joyce said he is no longer interested in a rematch with Tony Yoka, unless there was a world title on the line. Joyce lost a highly controversial decision to France's Yoka in the super-heavyweight Olympic final at the Rio Olympics in 2016, one of many judges' verdict that mystified observers at the Games.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Joyce can make waves till a certain level I think. He may have the chin to push the big 3 to the limit I'm just not sure he beats them.

Comment

They handed Yoka his gold medal because his Mrs won one at the same games. Joyce whooped him in that final.
      I have no ears I have no ears likes this.

Comment

JJ was offered by IBF to replace ducker Hunter against Hrgović in the final title eliminator but turned it down, claiming he wants to go the WBO route (which will take longer). Plus, as IBF mando he would get 35% as opposed to 20/25% by WBO.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
          JJ was offered by IBF to replace ducker Hunter against Hrgović in the final title eliminator but turned it down, claiming he wants to go the WBO route (which will take longer). Plus, as IBF mando he would get 35% as opposed to 20/25% by WBO.
          IBF tend to be better at enforcing their mandatories as well.

Pity that Joyce didn't fancy it, would've been a good fight. It's always tricky once a fighter gets into number one mandatory spot. They tend to stand still protecting what they've got. A fight with Yoka would've been far more exciting for Joyce fans than the Takam fight that we are now being offered. More risky of course also and that's probably what killed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
            Joyce can make waves till a certain level I think. He may have the chin to push the big 3 to the limit I'm just not sure he beats them.
            The lack of speed appears to be an issue. Chin, power, but he really is as slow as the seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

The lack of speed appears to be an issue. Chin, power, but he really is as slow as the seasons.
              Yes and repetitive. He is a 1 dimensional fighter IMO. He has an incredible light pole jab but no speed change on it or a feint for other fighters to bite on. He can probably beat the C level guys and most B level guys but wont be able to dethrone anyone.

Comment

And here's this slow as molasses turtle of a heavyweight saying someone has to prove themselves before facing him when his claim to fame is beating a "never has been and never will" fighter like Dubois. Anybody who thinks Joe Joyce can even win 3 rounds before getting knocked out against any good heavyweight is just a complete idiot and can't tell what they're looking at at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post
                  And here's this slow as molasses turtle of a heavyweight saying someone has to prove themselves before facing him when his claim to fame is beating a "never has been and never will" fighter like Dubois. Anybody who thinks Joe Joyce can even win 3 rounds before getting knocked out against any good heavyweight is just a complete idiot and can't tell what they're looking at at all.
                  Joyce is beyond slow and gets hit flush in his big stationary head. Despite those limitations, he has a decent resume with wins over Kiladze, Ustinov, Stiverne, Jennings and Dubois. That's a better resume than Ortiz and alot of other contenders. He's big, strong, has a very solid chin and grinds people down with his size and jab.

When he gets a guy in there that has some speed and can really crack, I think the Juggernaut will finally be dropped and stopped.

Comment

As for Yoka, I wouldn't mind seeing him in against a HW that can hit hard. He also has some decent wins but I've seen some vulnerability. He's athletic and has some nice offense but I question his ability to bite down on the gumshield in a tough fight or his chin once it gets really checked.

Comment

Working...
                    X