Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: I Don't Think Joshua Beats Usyk Unless He Knocks Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hunter: I Don't Think Joshua Beats Usyk Unless He Knocks Him Out

Heavyweight contender Michael Hunter is giving Oleksandr Usyk a very good shot at pulling off the upset on September 25, when the Olympic gold medal winner will challenge IBF, WBO, WBA, IBO champion Anthony Joshua at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hometown decision at best.

Comment

Based on his own experience. Who is Michael Hunter in scheme of things at heavyweight division? Usyk is at best average at the heavyweight division. AJ is going knock him out. No doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post
        Based on his own experience. Who is Michael Hunter in scheme of things at heavyweight division?
        He's a talented boxer, he may not have the physical gifts to make it to the very top, but he clearly understands boxing.

I think he's right in his assessment of the two fighters also. Usyk will be the best boxer Joshua has fought, perhaps by a considerable distance. Unless he can make his advantages in reach and power count, a points win could be difficult to justify, even with all the undoubted hometown advantages that Eddie will have afforded him.

I think this could be a very cagey fight. Joshua content to keep it at distance behind the jab just as he did in Ruiz JR 2, with Usyk needing to draw him out and find a way of closing the distance without paying a price. I favour Joshua due to his strength and reach advantage but I think it will be close.

Comment

Usyk has looked horrible as a heavyweight. Now out of nowhere he's going to look good, even great as a heavyweight ? Not a chance. I'm not even a Joshua fan, but this is a walk in the park for Joshua. Usyk will be in survival mode from round 1 on. It will be as one sided a fight you'll ever see.

Comment

Let's do this when we are still young, lose or win. And thanks to boooooooomb squuuuaaaaaaaaaad

Comment

Yeh right, Fury summed this up best “ he will walk through him”, and Fury tends to back anyone against AJ.
              I can’t imagine any scenario where Usyk beats AJ, I don’t even think he can out box him to be honest, he gets hit very easily for the master boxer he’s made out to be.

Comment

Usyk is a fine boxer but he's fighting out of his weight class and as Fury says will be poleaxed and I think quickly 3-5 rounds and thanks to greedy Hearn , if he does get hammered they can do it all again ....when are people going to wise up to this bollocks?
                !-1 !-1 Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Joshua can beat Usyk over the distance as well, he has the range and the length. Chisora have Usyk a hard fight, and some thought he won.

Usyk is very technical, but doesn't seem like he can be the type of heavyweight force Holyfield was when he moved up.

Comment

I don’t see that as an unrealistic prediction. Usyk is extremely sound on ring generalship. I can see a scenario where Usyk builds points over the fight. Usyk doesn’t have the speed Ruiz does but overall he is the more sound of the two. At 16-17st he isn’t significantly smaller than a 17-18 st version of Joshua. I wouldn’t be surprised if Joshua came in lighter than even his slimmed down version post Takam
                    !-1 !-1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X