Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios Inspired By Andre Ward's Visit as Gervonta Davis Fight Nears

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios Inspired By Andre Ward's Visit as Gervonta Davis Fight Nears

Undefeated WBA "regular" super lightweight champion, Mario "El Azteca" Barrios (26-0, 17 KOs), was paid a visit by former multiple division world champion and future hall of famer, Andre Ward, as he gets ready to do battle with the biggest test of his career, two-division beltholder Gervonta "Tank" Davis (24-0, 23 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Despite 25-35lb difference in fighting weights, Andre not much taller. Too bad Barrios doesn't use his height advantage more effectively.

Comment

Team Neighborhood!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
        Despite 25-35lb difference in fighting weights, Andre not much taller. Too bad Barrios doesn't use his height advantage more effectively.
        the smaller akmedov dominated him. i wonder if tanks teams saw that fight...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

Do ya think? He got hit with that right hook over and over and over again. I doubt he survives 2 of those from Tank, one might do it even.

Comment

Ward didn't even go see him. More like ran into him lol

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

One guy was down twice in that fight and it wasn't Barrios. Dominated is overstating. The Euro lost.

Comment

Barrios inspired by Ward to headbutt, excessively hold, hit while holding and lowblow? Or was Barrios inspired a different way?

Comment

I smell an upset here, all depends if tank has the power against guys at 140, if he doesn't then there us a chance barrios does a maidana to him and tank realises he went up a weight class too many.

That or tank walks through him early, but the value is with barrios so worth a bet i would say.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                    I smell an upset here, all depends if tank has the power against guys at 140, if he doesn't then there us a chance barrios does a maidana to him and tank realises he went up a weight class too many.

That or tank walks through him early, but the value is with barrios so worth a bet i would say.
                    Don't worry, Gervonta has one of the best chins in boxing. He was hardly ever even buzzed. His defense is tight when he wants to, but his dog negates that. He likes to fight and entertain the fans. That's all he really talks about, the fans. If Barrios brings the works early, it won't go beyond 4. Otherwise, a good old-fashioned beating for 8 rounds.

Never saw Davis in 4th gear before. Maybe these big boys can humble him.

Comment

Working...
                    X