Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We Have To Lobby Commissions To Allow Women To Fight Three-Minute Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: We Have To Lobby Commissions To Allow Women To Fight Three-Minute Rounds

Mikaela Mayer has always taken a strong stance regarding the way female fighters are treated and compensated in comparison to their male counterparts. Hearing a plea from her Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum calling for sport reform has provided a different perspective.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nah, keep it at two, they’re not men. The so-called excitement would take another hit. I didn’t read the article, just the title. But I’m pretty sure it won’t make a difference. Keep it at two.

Comment

2 minutes or 3 minutes, I still ain’t watching

Comment

Some of the women should have 3 minute rounds, others not so much. You would probably get more stoppages, especially since there's not alot of depth so the top level fighters would have an extra minute to tee off on outclassed foes.

Comment

Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
          Nah, keep it at two, they’re not men. The so-called excitement would take another hit. I didn’t read the article, just the title. But I’m pretty sure it won’t make a difference. Keep it at two.
          MMA women fight 5 minutes just as men and have stolen the show on many fight cards from the men.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
            2 minutes or 3 minutes, I still ain’t watching
            you'll watch and you even watch now. Stop lying to look cool on a message board. There is no way you have never watched a women's boxing match and don't watch them now. foh..

Comment

I just so happen to agree with the old fart. If women wants equal pay then they should do equal work. Which means fighting 3 minute rounds.
              Fighter78 Fighter78 MANNY67 MANNY67 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                Some of the women should have 3 minute rounds, others not so much. You would probably get more stoppages, especially since there's not alot of depth so the top level fighters would have an extra minute to tee off on outclassed foes.
                . And hurt them badly then the do gooders come out and call it barbaric . Leave it at 2 the talent pool is so poor it could be dangerous..

Comment

Claressa Shields fighting in 5 minute MMA rounds now will probably motivate people to change the rule for women's boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
                    . And hurt them badly then the do gooders come out and call it barbaric . Leave it at 2 the talent pool is so poor it could be dangerous..
                    As if boxing is not dangerous for men? It's a brutal sport, if any adult signs up to put their bodies on the line man or women let them.

Comment

Working...
                    X