Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: I've Told Saunders To Recover, Come Back, Win Another World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: I've Told Saunders To Recover, Come Back, Win Another World Title

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has advised his close friend, Billy Joe Saunders, to resume his career once his injuries fully healed. Last month at AT&T Stadium in Texas, Saunders suffered his first career defeat when he was stopped in eight rounds during his IBF, WBA, WBC super middleweight unification clash with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boxing is tribal, he’s looking out for his fellow British gypsy. That’s how it goes……

Comment

BJS is done, he’s never been imo an ambitious fighter to begin with (an excellent talent no doubt) and now with millions in the bank, a serious injury and he’s faced the P4P number 1, I cannot see how he’d want to fight again.

Comment

If he does want to fight again, an Andrade fight could be made, and go out with another million or at least a half a million or so dollars.

If he retires, well, respect that as well. This is a very tough sport. You don't play boxing.

Comment

I agree with Fury. Come back Billy Joe!

Comment

Don't think BJS wants that smoke. His lack of discipline in preparation for fights was an early indicator he just viewed it as a job. He had some decent wins against Eubank, Lee and Lemieux and parlayed that gaudy record into a payday with Canelo. Of course, he was viewed as a joke when he quit on the stool after claiming he'd never do such a thing and criticizing others who did.

He may never have confidence with that eye again and after that smashing, doesn't have much appeal with his risk averse fighting style. Best to hang them up.

Comment

I'd be happy to never see that absolute bellend ever again.

Joke of a human

Comment

The fact that Saunders was a world champion at 168 to begin with just proves how weak that division is.

Comment

Saunders has been showing his true colors - he quit (after saying he would rather die than quit) then started talking about retirement because he lost ONE fight - to CANELO. I could have told him he was going to lose! You don't go from fighting nobodies to fighting someone of Canelo's quality and expect to win

Only way Saunders can get respect is fight some decent fighters and do it properly. Maybe take a loss or 2 along the way - cos that's what happens when you don't pick fights.

Comment

Working...
                  X